Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64-bit NT sdf error

Hello support!

I have a big problem. I'm using NT under Win7 x64 bit op. system. When I launch the NT 64-bit I get always this error: it can be seen on the attached picture. The sdf throwed an exepction. I installed/uninstalled it several times, I deleted all remaining (db files too) files, and from the regedit too, but I get every times this sdf error. The 32 bit NT runs perfectly, the 64 bit NT doesen't.
    I'm using the latest NT. Earlier it worked. This behaviour occured after that, when I imported several historical datas using Historical Data Manager. (but it isn't sure that had effect on it, since I deleted all imported datas too)

What can I do in this situation?
    thanks
    Attached Files

Hello marotom,
    NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.

•Navigate to the Windows Control Panel

•Add and remove software/programs

•Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step

•Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=5783

•Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop

•Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)

•SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first

•SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically

•Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard

•Once installed you will need to restart your PC

•You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason for precisely info. It works right!

Comment

I'm also getting this error in the x64 version on Win7 x64. The x32 version works fine.

Comment

Hello LeeMellinger,

Can you please proceed as per the instructions of post #2 as well.

Comment

Win 10 issues with 64 bit

Hi,

My 64 bit Ninja Trader was working fine with my Windows 10. After an update I now have the same issue as previous people have mentioned in this thread with the database and now can only run the 32 bit version.

The link for the sql compact server 3.5 is no longer available from the microsoft downloads.

Mitch

Comment

Hello,

Please download via this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...CE_3.5_SP2.exe
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                Hello,

Please download via this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...CE_3.5_SP2.exe
                Is there any need / pre-requisit to uninstall any previous version of SQL, or we have to simply run the above utility ?

P.S.:
                Microsoft suggests to retain both, so adding this text for others, hope helpful

On a 64-bit Computer, install both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version of the SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 MSI files. Existing SQL Server Compact 3.5 applications may fail if only the 32-bit version of the MSI file is installed on the 64-bit computer. Developers should chain both the 32-bit and the 64-bit MSI files with their applications and install both of them on the 64-bit Computer. Refer to the KB article or to the Install.txt file that is extracted with the MSI files for more information.

Source:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5783
                Last edited by analyst; 12-20-2017, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Yes, you need to uninstall any SQL Compact Editions first. Please see the instruction from post #2.

Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step

Comment

Hi, I think I´m having the same issue than the previous people. Could you please point me toward the latest required version of sql compact server? Thanks

Comment

Hello RicardoLR,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

The instructions are still the same as in post #2. Do these steps not resolve the matter on you PC?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                        Hello RicardoLR,

The instructions are still the same as in post #2. Do these steps not resolve the matter on you PC?

Thank you, I see that there are new versions. So, I was wondering, which one was the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                          Hello RicardoLR,

I'm having the same issue on 2 distinct machines and I have followed steps on both but x64 keeps not functioning properly

Comment

Hello ivanjocic,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                            Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                            9 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton