Feature request:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request:

1. ability to set y-axis to a set number of minimum ticks.... so that the y-axis would never be less than 75 (for example) ticks but would expand to a greater number if necessary to capture high and low

2. ability to plot indicators based on other time frames. i.e. plot a 20range EMA on 5 minute chart

3. ability to set line color based on slope (up/down/flat), above/below zero or any number chosen

4. plot y-axis based on percent change, which should enable one to plot multiple indicators in same window that have totally different number ranges and have them plot meaningfully relative to one another

5. ability to turn indicators on/off without having to add or remove the indicator... simple toggle once indicator has been added to a window

I would have to say I like 2-5 I have had the sames requests in the past.

Comment

Hi rsmtrade, thanks for your suggestions.

Originally posted by rsmtrade View Post
      1. ability to set y-axis to a set number of minimum ticks.... so that the y-axis would never be less than 75 (for example) ticks but would expand to a greater number if necessary to capture high and low
      Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're looking for, this can be done by setting the 'Range' to 'Fixed' on your chart, then setting the Maximum and Minimum parameters to the range you'd like the y-axis to stay in. You can find that by right-clicking on the y-axis, then left-clicking Properties.

2. ability to plot indicators based on other time frames. i.e. plot a 20range EMA on 5 minute chart
      I have assigned this the internal tracking tag SFT-454.

3. ability to set line color based on slope (up/down/flat), above/below zero or any number chosen
      I've added your vote for this one onto SFT-393.

4. plot y-axis based on percent change, which should enable one to plot multiple indicators in same window that have totally different number ranges and have them plot meaningfully relative to one another
      Thank you, this one is SFT-456.

5. ability to turn indicators on/off without having to add or remove the indicator... simple toggle once indicator has been added to a window
      SFT-455, thank you.
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
        Hi rsmtrade, thanks for your suggestions.

Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're looking for, this can be done by setting the 'Range' to 'Fixed' on your chart, then setting the Maximum and Minimum parameters to the range you'd like the y-axis to stay in. You can find that by right-clicking on the y-axis, then left-clicking Properties.
        I'm aware of the fixed range already available. What I'm asking for is the ability to maintain a fixed amount of ticks on the y-axis without limiting the upper and lower range. So that the chart would always have a 75 tick range, no matter what the price range, unless the high and low of the displayed bars are greater than the 75 tick range. It's a common feature on other platforms I've used.

Comment

I'm aware of the fixed range already available. What I'm asking for is the ability to maintain a fixed amount of ticks on the y-axis without limiting the upper and lower range. So that the chart would always have a 75 tick range, no matter what the price range, unless the high and low of the displayed bars are greater than the 75 tick range. It's a common feature on other platforms I've used.

SFT-457, thank you.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by rsmtrade View Post
            SFT-455, thank you.

Is this not accomplished but deselecting the Visible box under the indicators properties?

James 108

Comment

Hi James108, thanks for your reply.

Yes, you are correct on that.

rsmtrade, if you check the visible property on the indicator properties box, is that what you're looking for, or did you have something else in mind?

Comment

Does the cpu load also go away if I make an indicator not visible? I.e., does the code in OnBarUpdate still execute? My indicators all have had an enable flag to accomplish that and I'd love to see it built in.

Comment

An indicator that is not "Visible" is essentially disabled-> it would not throw Market Data events
                  MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  10 responses