Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Basic alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anywhere you see SMA you change the S to an E. Only do this in the main portion of the code, i.e. NOT in the section marked "do not change". Then you will need to press F5 to recompile the script for it to take effect.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, that was easy....thanks.

Now, if I wanted to add a condition like:

on a sell: the close of the bar must be at least 2 tics below the ema
      on a buy: the close of the bar must be at least 2 tics above the ema

can you direct me to where I can learn to do this?

thanks.
      Last edited by InvGrp; 09-28-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Trading conditions cannot be done from an indicator. If you wish to do trading you will need to use strategies. Please see these tutorials: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview34

Comment

josh....

do you have this available for ninja 7......

thanks

t

Comment

pfsmedical,

I am not exactly sure what you are asking for. Trading conditions will still be required to be done from a strategy not an indicator in NT7.

Comment

josh ....

you put together an indicator... for 6.5 that sends an alert when price crosses a moving average... just made the move over to ninja 7 and wanted to see if the indicator you built... will work in ninja 7

thanks

t

also ..... went through the code .... line by line.... and did not see.... where it threw off an alert .... either by sound, or drawing tool
              Last edited by pfsmedical; 12-09-2010, 08:11 AM.

Comment

pfsmedical, unfortunately we're not sure which indicator you refer to - do it compile well in NT7 for you?

If not, you could review our code breaking changes document and apply changes as needed -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply, but the file/attachement i'm referrring to is post is #6 submitted by josh....for Tzachi dated 07 10 2008 @ 11:34am file is entitled "AlertTzschi2.zip"
                  Last edited by pfsmedical; 12-09-2010, 10:17 AM.

Comment

The code in that indicator is as follows:

Code:
                                if (CrossAbove(Close, SMA(periodSMA), 1))
                                {
                                    DrawArrowUp("My up arrow" + CurrentBar, false, 0, Low[0] - TickSize, Color.Lime);
                                    PlaySound(@"C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\sounds\Alert1.wav");
                                }

if (CrossBelow(Close, SMA(periodSMA), 1))
                                {
                                    DrawArrowDown("My down arrow" + CurrentBar, false, 0, High[0] + TickSize, Color.Red);
                                    PlaySound(@"C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 6.5\sounds\Alert1.wav");
                                }
                    You can import this exact indicator into NT7 and use it as well. The only thing that you need to change in the code is the PlaySound lines where it says NinjaTrader 6.5. Change it to say NinjaTrader 7 and then press F5 to compile inside the NinjaScript Editor after you have imported it into NT7.

Comment

AlertTzachi2

hey josh ...

been awhile ... from the 6.5 days till now ...

do you have this indicator updated for 8 ?? i m trying to move over to 8

would the same advice apply ??

thanks....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello pfsmedical,

Thank you for the follow-up.

I have attached a NinjaTrader 8 conversion of the script.

Please see this link for instructions on importing the file:

Please let me know if I can assist further.
                        Attached Files
                        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

just loaded and ran the indicator ... THANKS !!

i had a question maybe you can help ... i am slowly migrating over to 8. i have done away with "orphan" indicators i no longer use ... basically hold overs from previous so-called market gurus & such .. (cleaning up the charts)

since the market analyzer in 8 ... no longer sends an audio alert on its on accord (like 7 did) ... and i have only the "direct license" ... and the chart alerts are not an option for me ...

i rely on audio alerts from these indicators... so i do not have to keep my nose to the monitor --- so to speak ..

on my charts now ... is an indicator ... that no matter what i change the setting to .. WILL NOT send an audio alert ... Im pretty sure my computer can handle 8 .... and the author of the indicator replied back stating the sounds work on his charts ... leaves me with the conclusion that the 8 software may need some type of tweeking on my end ...

QUESTION : can you suggest a possible "fix" .. that i can try ... maybe ... uninstall / reinstall ... or something less drastic ... I CERTAINLY DO NOT WANT TO CREATE MORE PROBLEMS FOR MYSELF ....

thanks ...

Comment

Hello pfsmedical,

Thank you for the reply.

Could you please export the indicator and post it here?

Please see this link for instructions on how to export, please attach the generated .zip file to your reply:

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

the export indicator from my comp

Chris ...

thanks for the feedback ... never exported before ... not that difficult ...

ok .. attached are:

(1) my exported indicator from my charts .. "D3 spot v4.zip"

(2) original indicator ... from the forum ... "D3SpotterV3B4.zip"

(3) snap shots of the way i have the indicator configured

thanks again for your help ... its just frustrating ...that other indicators with sound files work ... and this one does not ...

i dont put much emphasis on the indicator itself ... it throws off waaay too many false signals ... with waaay too many parameters ... (rsi, roc, macd ... etc ...) ... i would prefer fewer choices ... (i e .. fast & slow stoch only) less chance for error (KIS)

but i do like the ability to get sound alerts from the stochastics with the ability to draw a few more lines in the stoch panal ... other than just 2 lines.... 80 /20

thanks again
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello pfsmedical,

Thanks for posting that info.

I tested D3 spot v4 and I was able to get alerts to work. Please make sure that you have the correct path to the sound High/Low and Divergence sound. The default path to the sound files is C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\sounds, they could be different if you installed NinjaTrader 8 onto a different hard drive. If the indicator is not finding the sound file, then there will be an error logged in the log tab of your Control Center, please check there if you do not hear alerts while testing the indicator through the Playback connection. You can also check if alerts are being activated through Contol Center>New>Alerts log.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view