Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Basic alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chris ...

thanks again for your attention on this ...

the other indicator sound alerts work fine ... (i e the indicator you provided .. alertzachi, MACross Builder, SwingRays2 & BarTimerCounter)

i have attached 2 more screen shots ...

(1) showing the correct path
    (2) the alert log

the alert log ... shows that the indicator is in deed firing ... but still with no sound ..

i did not see anything unusual in the "log" section of the control panal

i will work on the path issue in the time i have left today while im getting live data ...

ill keep you posted ... but if you have any other suggestions ... fire away .

thanks again ..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pfsmedical; 08-24-2018, 02:28 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

chris ...

your thoughts ... as im going to be stewing on this over the weekend ...

how bout ... i uninstall / remove ninja script the D3 indicator and re-download from the forums

it may not do a bit of good ... but might give me a warm and fuzzy feeling ....

QUESTION : ive seen this come up before ... when importing a script ... i sometimes get the message something to this effect: "there is a newer version on your computer than the one your are importing ... do you wish to keep the newer script or replace" yes o no ...

what is the general rule of thumb ..... always keep the newest version ?? it seems the newely imported indicator works ... either way ...

your thoughts ...

thanks...

Comment

Hi pfsmedical,
        I have looked at the images that you have posted, & from what I can see, it appears you do not want the divergences to be visible, but you want to hear the sound alerts. You will not hear the sound alerts if you leave "Visible" unticked, you need to tick it. All you need to do so that the indicators are not visible is to make the colors transparent, which you have already done.

I did not develop the original indicator, I just made adjustments to it, but from what I can recall, it kept switching back to the default indicator when the charts were closed and reopened. So if you want to use only the stochasticsFastK, then you need to replace whatever indicator is appended to Ln 59 (may be another line in the one you have) so that if becomes:
        Code:
        private D3SpotIndicatorMethod method = D3SpotIndicatorMethod.StochasticsFastK;
        //Changed from RSI after the dot. Then you need to tick "Use Default Plots".

Comment

george ...

MOST EXCELLENT answers ... i will certainly implement your suggestions...

as i recall ... i do have a "test" chart set-up ... with the indicator loaded 3 times ... each with different things checked / unchecked ...(just trying anything to get an audio alert to fire)

but i will definately look into the coding

thanks again for your feedback!!!

edit .. aforementioned test chart attached ...

tried to monkey around with the coding my self ... got soooo many compile errors -- only two words left ....

I QUIT !!!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by pfsmedical; 08-27-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Aviram Y