Machine ID change issue with Ninjatrader 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine ID change issue with Ninjatrader 8

I have a problem which is reoccurring every few days with Ninjatrader 8 RC2.
    I have it installed on my Microsoft SurfaceBook Laptop and it will suddenly ask me for a license key and it will reset all my connections settings. It will tell me that it detected my Machine ID changed so for security reasons it need to do this. But the Laptop is never changed nothing new installed no hardware changed.
    It is very annoying issue please help.
    Thank you

Hello aumnium, and thank you for your report.

It sounds like there may be something local to your system that we will need to discover. Could you answer a few diagnostic questions, so that we can narrow down what is occurring?

• Are you using OneDrive on this computer?
    • For these two tests, please shut down NinjaTrader before making changes to your filesystem, and restart it afterward :
      • Does this persist if you rename your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\Config.xml file ?
      • Does this persist if you rename your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf file
    • Could you send an e-mail from the e-mail address associated with your license to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, mentioning Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and 1601501 in the subject line of your e-mail?

Thank you, this information will make it easier to discover what is happening on your system.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
    115 responses
    1 like
    Last Post kevinenergy  
    Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
    1 response
    0 likes