Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ati + Gain Api

Hello,

my question goes to the NT developers (or anybody who successfully used GAINs API with a NinjaTrader account).

I'm developing an external signal service which sends order instructions via the ATI. The problem is the following:
    I need historical data, but the ATI doesn't offer any method for requesting it. My solution (in theory) was to request this data directly from GAIN, but when I execute the following code snippet (C#):
    using (GainAPI.Service client = new GainAPI.Service())
    {
    ____string response = client.GetRatesServerAuth(myUserID, myPassword, "GAIN");
    }
    ...the response string is "Authentication problem, Do I know you? Perhaps we've not been introduced.".
    Well, I've used the same credentials in NinjaTrader and it connects just fine. How does NinjaTrader establish the connection to the GAIN servers?
    FYI: Thats command I've used to generate the client proxy classes:
    Regards,
    Daniel

I believe the problem is that you need to set a GAIN brand code which in essence is a license key that authorizes your application to connect to their servers. Unfortunately, we can't dislcose our brand code.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

this is the first result in a google search for "ninjatrader 'brand code'" ... after upgrading to nt7b22 my connection properties for my GainUK live account now require a "brand code" (i have a multi-broker license)

please advise.

cheers,
      -e

Comment

e-man, please have a look at this announcement for an update on most recent changes in this area -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks. saw that. already have multi-broker, so no upgrade necessary. but i still need the "brand code". confused.

also have a single-broker lifetime for zen-fire. am i reading correctly that there is now no way to have a single-broker with gain? in, other words, if you want gain, you have to go for the multi-broker?

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
            thanks. saw that. already have multi-broker, so no upgrade necessary. but i still need the "brand code". confused.

also have a single-broker lifetime for zen-fire. am i reading correctly that there is now no way to have a single-broker with gain? in, other words, if you want gain, you have to go for the multi-broker?
            1. If your account is held at GAIN USA use the value "NIJA" excluding quotations
            2. If your account is held at GAIN UK use the value "NJUK" excluding quotations
            You can have single broker with GAIN if you want, but you then can't connect to Zen-Fire. If you want to connect to both, you need Multibroker.

Comment

thanks, ray -- that's exactly what i needed.

have a fantastic weekend.
              cheers,
              -e

Comment

reconfiguring my multi-broker license ... my old GainUK account transferred to GainUS ... i edited the brand code in Connection Manager and changed it to NIJA ... but i get the following error:
                Code:
                GainUS: Unable to log into the GAIN API. Check user name and password. GAIN error message: "Authentication problem, Do I know you? Perhaps we've not been introduced."(LoginFailed)
                is there a new brand code? should this be working now? anything else i could/should do?

cheers,
                -e

EDIT: i am using NT7 b22; i reviewed the instructions at http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_GAIN.htm and everything is as directed, but still not working.
                Last edited by e-man; 10-16-2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Hello e-man,

Yes, it should be working provided you are on the lastest version. I would contact Gain to verify your connection details. We can also help test your connection. Please email your Gain login credentials to [email protected] - Reference # 235223 and we can try to login from here.
                  Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

wow...ok that's strange ... now when i come in this morning, my gain account settings have been deleted ... AND ... even tho i have a multi-broker license, i cannot create a new connection for gain.

what happened?

cheers,
                    -e

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
                      wow...ok that's strange ... now when i come in this morning, my gain account settings have been deleted ... AND ... even tho i have a multi-broker license, i cannot create a new connection for gain.

what happened?

cheers,
                      -e
                      Please send a note to sales ... ninjatrader .... com, send them your license key and ask them to regenerate your license to enable GAIN.

Comment

Hello,

I have installed 18 ninja version.

I have a live license key rental.

opened gain account

made new connection, insterted gain user and pass live account and brand code NIJA.

funded the GAIN account.

Made new connection with user pass and brand code.

When I try to connect to download historical data the login fails.

What I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Comment

Hello makanenas,

It seems like you have everything setup correctly. We can help test your connection here. Please email your Gain login credentials to [email protected] - Reference # 235223.
                          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                          1 response
                          1 like
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                          Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes