Horizontal & Vertical Line Drawing Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal & Vertical Line Drawing Objects

1. Looks like the max line width for a hor or vert line is 10. Is there a way to increase that?
    2. If i draw a hor. ref line at a specific price, is there a way to attach a label to that line that signifies the price? Is there a way to attach a label to the line that says what it represents - "swing high" for example?
    3. If I have 3 charts open at different durations, is there a way to draw a ref line on one chart and have that line, at the price show up on all 3 charts at the right location?
    4, Is there a way to move the re line to the back to sow up behind other objects or the price chart?
    5. Is there a way to change the opacity of the ref line?

Thanks in advance for any help

D

Hello dmking,

Thanks for writing in.

1) The maximum width for a line is 10. This cannot be increased. However, if you are wanting to color a wide area I recommend you use DrawRectangle.

Below is a link to the help guide on DrawRectangle.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...wrectangle.htm

2) A horizontal or vertical line does not have the ability to show a price marker.

To add a label to this line you could draw a text box below the line that has the line price. Drawing text a few ticks below or above the line I think would accomplish your goal.

Below is a link to the help guide on DrawText.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/drawtext.htm

3) Yes, you can make a line that extends across all charts that are using that same instrument.

To do this:
    • Double click the line you have drawn
    • In the "Attach to:" drop-down, select the instrument that is followed by (All Charts). For example: ES 06-13 (All Charts)
    • Click OK

4) Yes, you can change the order that objects are on top of each other. This is called the z-order.

To change this:
    • Select an object by clicking on it -> hold the Shift key and then scroll the mouse wheel

Below is a link to the help guide on Navigating a Chart. Please refer to the section 'How to change the z-order (paint order) of a chart object'.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm

5) Yes, you can change the opacity of a line when declaring the color.
    For example:
    DrawHorizontalLine("myLine", true, Close[0], Color.FromArgb(50, Color.Blue), DashStyle.Solid, 10);

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Horizontal & Vertical Line Drawing Objects Reply to Thread

Hello,

I understand how to use DrawHorizontalLine and DrawVerticalLine to draw the respective lines. However these methods draw lines that extend across the x-axis and y-axis, respectively. For example, DrawHorizontalLine at a price of 50, will draw a line at 50 that extends over the entire time period of the chart.

How can I draw a horizontal line at a price of 50 at 10am and extends until 10:30? I then want to draw a second such line at a price of 55 from 10:30-11am. So, the first line should only be visible for the period from 10-10:30 and the second line should only be visible from 10:30-11.

Thank you.

Isaac

Comment

Hello Isaac,

Thanks for your reply.

You would need to use the line tool to do this.
        Below I have provided a link to the DrawLine() section of the help guide.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent. Thank you for the quick reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
          6 responses
          2 likes
          Last Post ultls
          by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes