Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt8 & ib

Hi

I have two accounts with IB. Both accounts log in with the same user name and password. The one account is in USD and the other in EUR. In NT7 I can select which account I want to trade. I am told this is not possible with NT8.

I set up the IB connection in NT8 but only the one account (USD) is available to trade. As I use the other account (EUR) far more often, is there a way I can get NT8 to select the EUR account ?

Thanks

Hello AllanP,

Unfortunately "linked accounts" with Interactive Brokers are not supported in NinjaTrader 8. Linked accounts are supported in NinjaTrader 7. The NinjaTrader 8 connection guide for Interactive Brokers informs that linked accounts are not supported under Requirements.

Note: Interactive Broker “linked accounts” are not supported

I am not aware of a way to select the other IB account.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

Thank you for the reply. Do you have any idea as to why this was not also included in NT8 ? It seems silly that the older version of software has linked account ability and then remove this from the new version of software.

I assume that the only way this can be resolved, is for me to have two totally separate IB accounts with separate user names and passwords. Is that correct ?

Regards

Allan

Comment

NT8 & IB - Currencies

Hello Allan,
        I think, IB meanwhile offers funding of one account with different currencies https://www.interactivebrokers.com/f...ted.currencies. Thus, you possibly don't need separate accounts for different currencies anymore (to avoid FX loans). To my understanding, instrument currencies and corresponding funds are matched automatically upon trading. And proceeds from transactions in different currencies are not automatically converted into the base currency. Instead, they can be held for as long as desired. If confirmed by IB, you could perhaps just consolidate the two accounts into one and then trade it through one NT8 connection?

Regards
        Roland

Comment

Hello Allan,

Unfortunately linked accounts are not supported with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader 8. They are supported in NinjaTrader 7. Support for "linked accounts" with Interactive Brokers was dropped for NinjaTrader 8 to support Financial Advisor (FA) with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader 8.

You can connect to 2 IB accounts simultaneously in NinjaTrader using the instructions below.

- Manually start TWS from the desktop, if you have two accounts start it up twice with each account logged in.
          - When platform has started, click Configure-->API Settings-->Socket Port-->Provide a unique value.
          *Default is 7496, leave this as is for the first username.
          *Add 1 to this value to be 7497 on the second account so each account has a unique port value.
          - In your NinjaTrader connection for this account, match the port with what you specify in TWS for each account connection.
          - Connect in NinjaTrader using Control Center-->File-->Connect, you will do this twice for both account connections.

Note: The Client ID can remain at default setting. Only the port needs to be different.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rtwave
          by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses