Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^upvol down vol data feed

Hi

I am using Ninjatrader 7 Continuum data feed and cannot recieve ^UpVol Down Vol data feed. I assume you need an NYSE equity feed for this?

I would also like to get data for ^NUPV ^NDNV ^TRIN ^TICK as per your link below:

I would also like the same VOL data from the Eurex exchange as I trade the FDAX.

Can you tell me how I would get these data feeds, how to add them, and how they could be visualized on an NT7 chart please??

Thanks

Chris

Hello Chris,

Are you meaning the ^UVOL index (NYSE Up Volume)?

Who are you connected to for data? This is indicated in green in the lower left corner of the Control Center.

What bar type and interval is the chart set to?

May we have a screenshot of the chart?

If you are not referring to ^UVOL, I am not familiar with an ^UPVOL index and this does not come pre-mapped in NinjaTrader.
    Let me know the description of this instrument and I will attempt to research this.

Are you not connected to any thing?

If you would like intra-day data you will need to subscribe to a data provider. All links below are publicly available.

Below is a link to the NinjaTrader 7 help guide on Historical & Real-Time Data. In the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' there is a chart that shows the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.

This next link is to the same help guide page for NinjaTrader 8.

Also here is a publicly available link to a list of the supported brokers with the NinjaTrader Platform.

NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Last, here is a link to our Connections Guide which will have instructions to setup the provider in NinjaTrader (scroll to the bottom).

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea

Im not sure you read my post carefully, most of your answers are in the original post I sent?

Are you meaning the ^UVOL index (NYSE Up Volume)? YES

Who are you connected to for data? This is indicated in green in the lower left corner of the Control Center. AS ABOVE NINJA CONTIMUUM

What bar type and interval is the chart set to? IT WILL BE USED ON 30 SEC to 3M TIMEFRAME....USING A CUSTOM INDICATOR....BAR TYPE IS NOT RELEVANT

Are you not connected to any thing? I WILL IGNORE THAT QUESTION !?!?!

I would also like to get data for ^NUPV ^NDNV ^TRIN ^TICK as per your link below:
      https://ninjatrader.com/CQGSupportedIndexes

I would also like the same VOL data from the Eurex exchange as I trade the FDAX.

Can you tell me how I would get these data feeds

CAN YOU GIVE ME A CLEAR ANSWER TO THE EXCHANGE FEED REQUIRED FOR THE ABOVE??

Thanks

Chris

Comment

NinjaTrader Continuum is a CQG-based connection. No indices other than the ones listed on the link in your original post can be obtained through a CQG-based connection.

Is the connection a demo feed? Or is it associated with a live brokerage account? If the former, the real-time data enablements of a demo data feed cannot be adjusted in any way. If the latter, please reach out to your broker for more information on how to enable the supported indices.

If you are looking for a supplementary data feed to give you the index data that your CQG-based connection cannot, I would suggest looking into Kinetick. For more information, please contact Kinetick directly:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PhillT
        by PhillT

Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes