Strategy Analyzer Chart Displays Too Much When Time Frame is Changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer Chart Displays Too Much When Time Frame is Changed

When I'm done running the Strategy Analyzer, and click on "Chart" to see what's happened, it initially displays in an uninteresting time frame. This is expected since I select 1-tick for the Backtest "Data Series".

However, since I don't want to look at a chart in a 1-tick time frame, I select 1-minute so I can see what has happened during the test.

After the 1-minute chart is displayed, I notice that the data displayed includes data for times before the "From" value in the "Time Frame" parameters, which I have set to 08:00 20-April-2007. Curiously the chart doesn't go all the way back to the beginning of the 15 weeks of tick data I have recorded, but only back to April 5th.

None of this earlier data on the chart has any of the DrawText, etc. objects displayed on it and is just a distraction to look at.

Is there any way to make the Charting for the Strategy Analyzer display only the portion of the data that I've selected under "Time Frame"?

KBJ

imported post

- the chart on the strategy analyzer displays the time frame wher you tested your strategy on: if you tested 1 tick, then a 1 tick series will be displayed in the chart
    - we you then toggle e.g. to a 1 minute series the session begin/end will be maintained (I just tested)
    - we will add the issue where the lookback period should be maintained to our list of future enhancement

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rtwave
    by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes