Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex Chart CandleStick Discrepancies

Hi,

I have the same EUR/USD chart on two different machines that display the chart differently. One chart always has two Mondays, one small bar for the opening on Sunday and then another for all of Monday(I think...). The other EUR/USD chart does not have this double day, it simply has Monday to Friday. On the machine that that has the double Monday, I went to sessions inside of the chart properties and changed it to Default 24/5 and the double Monday is removed and the two charts are now the same. The problem still persisted on this same machine when I ran a strategy on EUR/USD. So I went into Tools -> Instrument Manager -> EUR/USD (Edit) -> Session Templet = Default 24/5 and now the double Monday is removed from the strategy and now both machines with the same EUR/USD cart and strategy have the same results!!!

Ok, so why are the two machines deferent? One EUR/USD sessions template is set "Forex" and the other to "Default 24/5". What is it supposed to be? I'm using two machines and I'd like them to be the same out of the box, to minimize discrepancies.

Attached are two screen shots; one with a double Monday and one without.

Thanks,
    4D
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20150929.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20150929.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info Drew,

incase someone else has a similar issue, Drew noted the problem was FXCM sometimes has a "bad bar on Saturdays which results in an extra bar with the same timestamp as the Monday bar". The solution is to change in "Connection Options" the historical data provider from FXCM to NT.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Aviram Y