Adding button to chart trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding button to chart trader

I want to add custom buttons to the chart trader panel. How can I do that ? I couldn't find any sample ninjascripts for that.
    Thanks.

Emilie.

Originally posted by emilien View Post
    I want to add custom buttons to the chart trader panel. How can I do that ? I couldn't find any sample ninjascripts for that. Thanks. Emilie.
    This thread should get you started..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

This help guide page should help, as well:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...th_buttons.htm
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I've read both of those threads but still couldn't figure out how to get the "handle" of the Chart Trader panel.
        Thanks.

Emilie

Comment

Is chartWindow.MainMenu on line 83 of the example code in the help guide article linked below what you are looking for? Or is there something else specifically you are looking for? Can you please clarify what seems to not work with these approaches?
          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

It's the automation Id for chart trader that I was looking for. I've got it from the thread referred by -=Edge=-.
            I can't get my code to work yet but at least now I know where to start.
            Thanks.

Emilie.

Comment

Originally posted by emilien View Post
              It's the automation Id for chart trader that I was looking for. I've got it from the thread referred by -=Edge=-. I can't get my code to work yet but at least now I know where to start. Thanks. Emilie.
              Ah.. That's changed along the way, but can't remember if that was before or after the original thread I referred.. just in case you can refer here also..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Thanks a lot !!! I finally got everything working.

Emilie

Comment

Hello,
                  I've been following this post and a few linked to it. I would also like to add some buttons to ChartTrader. I downloaded Edge's indicator from a previous link and can't get anything to work. I get errors such as namespaces could not be found and ChartTrader is inaccessible due to its protection level. I'm not sure why an exact copy of an indicator is bringing up these errors. I added the latest vs from Edge. Can someone help me with this please?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainAmericaXX View Post
                    Hello, I've been following this post and a few linked to it. I would also like to add some buttons to ChartTrader. I downloaded Edge's indicator from a previous link and can't get anything to work. I get errors such as namespaces could not be found and ChartTrader is inaccessible due to its protection level. I'm not sure why an exact copy of an indicator is bringing up these errors. I added the latest vs from Edge. Can someone help me with this please?
                    Ouch.. that latest version from me you refer too is almost a year old.. Quite a bit has changed over the course of the beta's.. One must be careful trying to use some of the older examples here, as they do not always get updated over time..

Pitch that last example from me you referred too.. It will defiantly no longer work.. Here is another example I picked up on the forum sometime somewhere, I believe Chelsea put it together.. It worked when I threw it on a chart, and briefly scanned code.. I believe this will at least get you started..

Attached Files
                    -=Edge=-

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post usazencort