Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed NT without saving - Strategies gone

Hi there,
    sometimes I close my NT 8.0.14.0 64-bit without saving the workspaces.
    After doing that, the Strategies in the Control Center disappear in a special case. If at least one strategy is enabled and I close NT without saving the workspaces, all strategies that were not enabled are lost.

I think, that's a bug!

You can help me in a first step, if you can tell me in wich config file the information about the added startegies are saved, so I can restore a previous version of this file.

Edit: I have a Workspace named "BOT Space" and in the BOT Space.xml I can find the strategies as numbers, so they exist in the configuration, however NT doesn't load them on startup!
    Do you have an idea what I can do?

Thanks in advance
    Darvas-Fan
    Last edited by Darvas-Fan; 06-13-2018, 02:07 PM.

Hello Darvas-Fan,

Thank you for your post.

If the Strategies are added to the Charts and not enabled then closing NinjaTrader would result in the strategies no longer being present.

If the Strategies are added to the Strategies tab of the Control Center you still need to save your workspaces to save the strategy.

This is expected behavior.

However, I believe you are stating that you previously saved the workspace with the strategies in the workspace and then upon the next restart they disappeared. Is this correct? If so, please send me your log and trace files so I may look into this matter further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Ok, I sent you the files. I have closed NT several times before with my strategies enabled or disabled. In most cases I close it with saving the workspaces even if there has nothing changed.
      I think that takes only place if I made some imports of scripts or if there are not all strategies are enabled.
      Let's see what you can read out of the trace and log files...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Aviram Y