Collapse

Historical Data Missing From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A trader sets up his charts in a way that suits his trading style.........not the way you want it to be (Equidistant Bar Spacing = False), but TRUE. A traders should not have to worry if he is connected to a good server or a bad server. A trader expects to get real time and historical true data.
    All other explanations are fruitless and useless. Start getting your act together, because all the run around explanations do not befit a trading company that honors itself.

Comment

I want to chip in here with a comment or two. Usually when something happened with the historical data server I alerted NT. You can look that up here in the forum. Just do a search for my handle.

I too experienced the gap today on one instrument i.e. 6J. But that was only because I started to look into starting to trade that instrument. And when I saw the gap, I first looked here in the forum to see what's up and so found this thread.

My other and regular instruments namely CL, TF and NG were up and running. I did not experience gaps because when I log in, I stay in and do not fiddle around with charts or indicators. I log in to do one thing: trade!

There are plenty of comments by people who have less than 10 posts here in the forum, yet they are what sounds like bitterly complaining. I first wanted to name some, but don't think that is necessary. When someone then also talks about having to start looking for another platform it has the taste of that someone not being interested in the issue at hand but having an agenda.

Be that as it may. One tip: If you are not trading live, just download some days of your instruments into the Replayer and use that to test and modify and play with your charts and indicators. One does not need real time data for that. And when you have settled and gotten your act together as to what you actually want and are ready to trade, then log on and stay logged on for your trading session and trade. And no, one does not change an indicator during a trading session. One trades.

Sorry for venting but some of the comments here were a bit too much for my taste.

Thanks to the NT guys for remaining cool, calm and collected!

sandman

Comment

Still missing data

I just open my charts and TF 06-14 and UB 06-14 are missing all of April 11, 2016 I have the 10th till midnight then no data after that time
        Can you please fix this thanks

Comment

Does anyone have an idea when historical index will be available? Is it only available during market hours? I have rebooted, connected, reconnected, reconnected, rebooted, to no avail.

Comment

Missing data for 4/11 amp / cqg. Please fix!

Comment

Where's data for the 11th on *EVERY* instrument?

I am on the Amp/CQG data/ plan. So, I launch NT every Sunday usually much earlier than the 6pm EST futures open. Today I started about 5:45. It crashed a couple of times - which it NEVER does (giving a CLR20r3 "problem event name"). but finally on a restart around 6pm stays up.

Except ... ALL the charts I can see/trade, have historical data up until 11:59 April 10th, and then seemingly the closing minute of April 11, at 17:15. This seems to be the case for CL, ES, TF, NG, GC. Completely missing a day. And, the 11th was a wide range day. The holes most everywhere are gaping. This renders any auto-plotting indicator referencing Friday's levels - useless. I cant have fibs or any other levels calculated for me, nor can I manually plot them, against previous day('s) levels that don't exist. And, with the relatively large opening Sunday gaps, this is untradeable. And frankly, unacceptable.

In the meantime, I presume I can take the gamble of restarting NT to see if April 11th's historical data appears, but also risk losing any 6pm onwards Sunday data I already have.

Comment

Here's how the charts look

... just to add a graphic to my previous post on missing data. Oddly, I notice that tick data/charts of Friday April 11 have either been received via NT's historical data connection, or, it pulled it from my PC's stored historical data, and seems to plot for tick charts of ES and CL that I have among my existing chart(s) workspace. But, as noted before, the NT reboots prior to 6pm EST for minute or time-based charts, have only the last minute of the day seemingly being received and plotted.

This seems like a carry on of Friday April 11th's problems that many others were reporting in this thread; I was *not* impacted Friday, as I strive to keep NT up and connected as much as possible during the 24hrs of each trading day.

It's also dismaying that it's 2 hours into the Sunday open, and although @NinjaTrader_Kyle and @NinjaTrader_PatrickH have answered a couple of other seemingly 'easier' questions in the meantime, this most recently posted to thread (by myself and others) of an arguably more important matter, remains unaddressed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Missing data from 4/11 CL May contract using AMP/CQG.

I appreciated the attentiveness on fixing the data issues from last Friday before the Pit open in CL, and I am confident that the historical data from last Friday will be integrated into the current charts.

Thank you in advance, and just thought I would report that I am experiencing similar issues as some of the others with AMP/CQG.

Comment

E mini S & P 500 ESM 06-14 No data Friday 04/11/2014

Entering today I find that the historical data are not Frida day.
                    Data are only the evolution of Thursday and on Sunday
                    There are problems again with data servers?

I am connected to continuum
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes

There are no data for all symbols from Friday 6:00 A.M. Europe Time
                      Once again your promises to collect data on Friday are gone

Comment

Eurex data missing for the entire session of Friday 4/11

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio66 View Post
                          Eurex data missing for the entire session of Friday 4/11
                          Same here....

I'm on AMP/CQG
                          Last edited by laocoon; 04-14-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

FDAX, CL, ES, and so on...everything is missing again.

This is inacceptable.

Almost every week the same issue.

I know it is not up to you NT support but no need to repeat your standard response.

How about a SOLUTION?

Comment

fdax data missing for the entire session of friday 4/11

Comment

Same issue here with Continuum.

When will the data be available? I don´t want to wait til the next weekend and miss the whole week.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jclose
                                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                                10 responses
                                0 likes