I am connected to Continuum
    Instrument 6E 06-14
    Chart type Tick
    My time zone 10:43:30
    Connected to ninjatrader Data Server 31654

Comment

Hello Merzo,

Thanks for letting us know.

We are aware of this issue and have forwarded it to our server development team who will be looking into this.

Once we receive an update we will let you know.
      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Vince,
        thanks for your reply.

I hope have good news soon.

Comment

Historical Data issue with 6E 06-14

Same problem here. Got up at 3am GMT-4 and had no historical data back to 12.00am. When I hit refresh historical data it clears live data and resets back to 12.00 am. 6J is fine. Using CQG with Amp. Called AMP, called CQG, got the famous not me response. Didn't think it was Ninja until I saw this post. What is up? I am really disappointed I missed my trade window this morning.
          Scott

Comment

Hello,

Just received an update that the missing data for the 6E will be restored this coming weekend.

The data will then be available again on Monday.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any explanation as to what is going?

Vince,
              Thanks for the response. It is one thing to not have market replay data that is not promised and only used after the fact. As I am sure you are aware, the realtime historical data is required for our indicators and signals to work properly. As a paying customer I would like to understand what happened and what NT is doing to insure it does not happen again?
              Thanks,
              Scott

Comment

Hello Scott,

Thanks for your post.

In other posts by our CEO Ray, has has informed users "We are currently experiencing a partial outage where our historical data servers are not receiving “last trade” data from the underlying market data source provider."
                Our servers team works with the provider and reports our findings to resolve these items and prevent in the future.
                This historical data from CQG/Continuum is provided for free to all CQG/Continuum users with NinjaTrader.
                For users that rely on their historical data for analysis it is recommended to have a backup datafeed regardless of what provider you use.

You can see the following forum post where Ray had went over what is happening.
                BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you...

Brandon,
                  Thank you for the detailed reply.
                  Does that mean I need another solution other than Ninja trader or another data feed into Ninjatrader?
                  Scott

Comment

For users that rely on their historical data for analysis it is recommended to have a backup datafeed regardless of what provider you use.
                    That's ridiculous! You're suggesting we pay for two separate data feeds because NT keeps having this historical data problem and can't fix it?

Again today my charts are all screwed up because of NinjaTrader and missing data. I ain't happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Instamess View Post
                      That's ridiculous! You're suggesting we pay for two separate data feeds because NT keeps having this historical data problem and can't fix it?

Again today my charts are all screwed up because of NinjaTrader and missing data. I ain't happy!
                      I second that. I've been using Ninja for over 10 years and this kind of problem happened only rarely in the past. Unfortunately 2014 has been a nightmare so far: first the issue with Zen Fire and now this. I really have developed a lot of respect and affection for Ninja over the years, but suggesting that we should now use a second data provider for historical data isn't worthy of such a (still) great platform.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your posts.

A backup historical data server has been switched to. Please restart NinjaTrader to switch to the backup server. You may need to right click on your chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Comment

Originally posted by laocoon View Post
                          first the issue with Zen Fire and now this..
                          I too was affected by the Zen Fire affair so I know where you're coming from.

Brandon, thanks for the update. But, what's the longer term solution? What assurances can NT give us that the problem has been fixed? Permanently?

When I'm on the live charts and the price isn't moving, it should be because the price isn't moving. I shouldn't be in a perpetual state of wondering whether it's a case of the price not moving or the charts simply not updating.

When I open my charts in the morning I want to trade based on what my indicators are telling me. It should not be the case that I always have to check through past data to see if there's anything missing (and it's not always easy to tell that either!).

Thanks for all your efforts, but given the continued problems, I have this to say to NT:

It's. Not. Good. Enough.
                          Last edited by Instamess; 03-28-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

What I don't understand is when I close NT all my data should be saved to my PC
                            Once I open NT all the data is still there until I connect to server. WHY?
                            It makes more sense to just keep on adding to the stored data I already have.
                            Other wise I have to go back and check that once I connect, it did not wipe out data from my charts, waste of time. I hope NT8 has a fix for this too. I should have the option to restore my data from my saved data on my PC or from your servers by date and time.
                            Because of this I missed a 12 handle move in ES and a 124 point move in YM.

Comment

Thanks

My Thanks to the Support Team and the Technical team that is working on the problem. I know that very little in this world operates 100% flawlessly. NT is a great platform there isn't another platform out there that doesn't experience occasional problems. My feed is acting up like all the others this morning and reloading NT doesn't help. I will work around this until it's fixed. If possible maybe you could keep us informed if you find the issue come up with a timeline for getting things working again. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

When historical data is found to be missing all that can be done is collecting data of the missing data and report the findings to any relating parties. We work closely with any relating parties to provide any information needed to look into the missing data and help prevent in the future.
                                By design NinjaTrader will reload historical data when connecting to verify your data is accurate as this data typically should be good.
                                tradesnoop, at this time the backup server has been verified to be properly functioning. If after restarting NinjaTrader and reloading historical data you charts still do not properly display please report what data is missing.
                                What instrument?
                                What chart type is selected? (tick, min, day)
                                What from and to time is missing?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jaybedreamin  
                                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                                6 responses