Collapse

Historical Data Missing From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By design NinjaTrader will reload historical data when connecting to verify your data is accurate as this data typically should be good.
    Then by design NT should be smart enough to know when there's data missing on your server and to warn me or give me the option of using the good data I already have!

As it stands now, you erase all my good data, dump a whole load of rubbish data on me (with missing bits) and don't even warn me that you've screwed up my history!

Comment

Hello Instamess,

Thanks for your reply.

The missing data has been resolved by switching to the backup server. Restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to connect to the backup server and resolve.
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, but you didn't address my concern about the "design" that dumps good data to replace it with bad data and isn't smart enough to even tell when big chunks of data are missing on your server!

So problem fixed. For today. If it happens again tomorrow we lose more money without knowing that NT is messing us around yet again.
        Last edited by Instamess; 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Hello Instamess,

Thanks for your reply.

At this time the only option to control this is disabling getting historical data from the server which can be done by going to Tools> Options> Data and unchecking Get Data From Server.
          I will submit to development your feature request of checking for missing data from the historical data sever vs what was recorded real time.

Comment

Well, ADV, DECL, NUPI, NDNI on second, minute, range, and renko do not update. No history since 3/24. For me, NT today is useless. I have rebooted several times and "reload history" several times. Did not fix problem.

Comment

Hello howdy4,

Thanks for your reply.

The backup server that is being used does not have historical data available for indexes. This weekend the main server will be switched back to for indexes and have missing historical data restored.

Comment

"Well Its Another Saturday Morn And I Ain't Got No . . . Data"

Went to work on my charts this morning and found my data ended at 08:50 e.t. Friday 03-28-2014 - CL via AMP

Can you say when this weekend that the data will be restored, as I need to work on charts in preparation for Monday and the upcoming week?

Comment

Hello Ducks,

I just double checked and the missing data from the CL is there. Did you check for the data as well?
                  Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vince View Post
                    Hello Ducks,

I just double checked and the missing data from the CL is there. Did you check for the data as well?
                    The data was restored at some point during the day and I was able to complete my work.

Comment

still missing

I still have data missing from June Gold and may Silver. If the data problem was fixed over the week end did I miss something that I am suppose to do? I have restarted and all is the same. Still missing. Crude and indexes seem fine.

Comment

Hello tradesnoop,

Thanks for your post.

Please exit NinjaTrader and open the following directory in Windows
                        Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\cache
                        Delete the contents within this folder
                        Restart NinjaTrader
                        Right click on your chart and select Reload All Historical Data and test

Comment

success

That did it! Thanks a bunch!

Comment

missing data

Missing: 1/24 to 2/3 for Aussie and Canadian dollar, ZB, NQ, YM, ZC, ZW, ZL, plus 3/24 Aussie dollar. Is there any possible way to get this data back?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Nevils,

Can you please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post. Put in the subject 'For Vince'.

Include in the note the following:
                              - Who you are connected to. You can check this in the green box in the lower left corner of the control center
                              - What version you have installed. Our current release is V7.0.1000.22 which you can check under Help--> About
                              - What happens when you right click in the chart--> Reload all historical data?
                              - Is there any error message coming up or listed in the log tab of the control center?
                              - What Session template is selected in the Data Series window? Is it 'Default 24/7'?
                              Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                                Hello Instamess,

Thanks for your reply.

At this time the only option to control this is disabling getting historical data from the server which can be done by going to Tools> Options> Data and unchecking Get Data From Server.
                                I will submit to development your feature request of checking for missing data from the historical data sever vs what was recorded real time.
                                Thanks, I'll do that.

But how do I know when to turn off getting data from server and when to turn it on? What indication is there on my screen when NT staff know about problems with historical data?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                                17 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rocketman7