Collapse

Historical Data Missing From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The historical data servers have been switched and you can now restart NinjaTrader to establish a connection to the server and access historical data.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have been informed that we switched to a different historical data server which has the missing historical data. Can you please restart NinjaTrader for the change to take effect. Once you re-connect, you will connect to the other historical data server.

If data is not loaded initially, please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Up and running here with data gaps filled. Thank you for the quick response and resolution.

Comment

Missing Historical Data

Thank you for rectifying this problem in short order. One question remains, though--why is this problem occurring with such frequency in the past month or so?

Comment

Restarted NT and all is well.
            Thank you for the quick response.

PS: Could you keep that trick in your back pocket for future needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mikem144 View Post
              This recurring problem with NinjaTrader historical data is becoming endemic. I've been with NT almost since its inception and have never experienced this number of data problems in such a short period of time. Please explain what the problem is, why it is occurring with such frequency, and what steps are being taken to resolve this problem. If this cannot be done, I will have to start looking for another platform and data provider, which would be a pity since I've been a loyal NinjaTrader customer since nearly its inception.
              Yes it has. In short, our primary data source provider has had several unrelated issues that cause some, not all instruments to stop streaming data to our servers. When this issue occurs, we re-route users to different production and/or back up servers we have. We are working closely with them to resolve the problem and as of this coming weekend they are making some changes to route us to a dedicated server. I appreciate your longstanding loyalty to our platform.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

There has been an interruption with our historical data server for Continuum and CQG.

We have now switched to our backup server.

Please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect.

Also, please note this server does not record index data. For today this server will be future data only.

Our primary historical data server will be restored this weekend.
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chart Loading times

Hi,

I have set up 5 workspaces with 8 charts each so in total 40 charts working at simultaneously.

20 of them are loaded with an indicator which adds 6 timeframes (minutes, daily, weekly, monthly) with the Add() function.

It took quite a while to load all the data and populate the charts with the indicators.

Now the problem:
                  After I change anything on the indicator settings e.g. changing the Plot Line style, all data are loaded again which again takes that long for loading.

Question:
                  Do I understand it right that once data are loaded from the data provider (CQG/AMP) they will be stored on my local HDD within the NT7 database?

If yes, why are the data loaded again and again and again....?
                  Are there any settings which enable a functionality that data which have been loaded already will not be loaded again and hereby enabling faster load times?
                  If not, it seems that I will have to load fewer workspaces....

appreciate any comments, thank you!
                  Looping

Comment

Hello Looping,

Thanks for your reply.

What is loading is your indicators. any time you make a change they are getting recalculated on your chart and all of the historical data that is loaded in the chart. It should not be downloading historical data and will continue to access that from your system.

Comment

I have also missing historical data today. This is becoming out of proportion, and is totally unacceptable. Ninja is just not dealing with this problem and after weeks of re-ocurring same problem just does not seem to care. I have followed all the answers given over the past few weeks, and it is obvious that Ninja is just pushing this issue aside. VERY disappointed and not what is expected.

Comment

Hello perryg,

Thanks for your post.

At this time you should be able to restart NinjaTrader to backup to the currently working server and access historical futures data.
                        We have continually reported and worked with the parties involved on why last trade data is not being sent to the servers to resolve this. If you still have missing data after the restart please answer the following about missing data.
                        What instrument and expiry?
                        What chart type? (example: tick, minute, day)
                        What time frame?

Comment

Hello Brandon,

thanks for your response.

Yes sure the indicator is calculated every time I make changes thats clear, but I am not sure that this is the reason for the long loading times as the indicators are not that complex and clculated quite fast. The data loading takes more minutes!

When I open the control center window in the right lower corner it shows me the data which are beeing loaded. I guess when the indicator is recalculated this should not be the case, isnt it?

Comment

Hello Looping,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct you shouldn't see Loading Data when changing indicators unless your indicator are accessing a different data series. For example if you have daily pivots on a minute chart.
                            It sounds like you probably have lots of Day To Load set on your chart. Any time you make a change to this indicators it has to recalculate from the start of your chart.
                            I would recommend reviewing the Performance Tips sections of our help guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
                            Since this is not related to missing historical data if you need further assistance I would recommend writing in to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Comment

Today I had missing data on 6E, CL, and NQ. Sometimes during trading one does a F5 or changes an indicator and then suddenly there is missing data without even knowing. The whole chart is affected and all the calculations are wrong. Most times this is not noticed until later on. All this means that Ninja charts and data are NOT reliable. Your solution to reload ninja is all very well, but in many cases the missing data is unknown to the trader and wrong trading conditions are taken. This is a very serious matter to say the least.
                              What you are saying is any change to your chart, restart ninja..........absurb.

Comment

Hello Perry,

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I am saying restart NinjaTrader is because for many users today when they first connected it was connected to a server that did not have historical data available. This server was switched to another one which did have historical data. To connect to the new server you can restart NinjaTrader. I am not saying anytime you have an issue to restart NinajaTrader, only when we have changed servers.
                                What may help you see missing data easier is changing your chart to Equidistant Bar Spacing = False
                                You can access this by right clicking on your chart and selecting Properties.
                                This will result in a gap on the time axis if there is missing data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes