Historical Data Missing From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peterhxu7 View Post
    es 06-14 data still not restored from my side, how about you guys?
    Please manually reload your data on your chart. Right click Chart > Reload Historical Data.

All data is available and is working, if you are still experiencing missing data, please email our support staff at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Comment

I see there are a few AMP users here...

Would we be justified in switching over to the Rithmic feed if, as you guys say, this
      is narrowed down to a CQG issue?

Comment

I am missing all of Friday's RTH (time based) data for CL and ES. Tick data seems to be fine. I have repaired db and have restarted multiple times. Wondering why this happening if I recorded the data during Friday's session? Is this related to the historical data server problems?

Comment

Originally posted by tderrick View Post
          I see there are a few AMP users here...

Would we be justified in switching over to the Rithmic feed if, as you guys say, this
          is narrowed down to a CQG issue?
          While this particular outage was limited to CQG/Continuum users, it was not a CQG/Continuum issue directly. What happened is that a data server stopped recording some data that theoretically could have also happened on a server providing historical data for Rithmic customers. So I do not want to say switching brokerage technologies will do anything.

I recommend using a back up data feed but we also have many users choosing to be redundant by having two broker data feeds with two funded accounts. For example, if you are at AMP, it may be possible to have a CQG and Rithmic based account. If one has downtime for whatever reason, you can still trade and not be affected.

This of course isn't a feasible option for all, and that is why I recommend a back up data feed.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_James; 04-14-2014, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pev11 View Post
            I am missing all of Friday's RTH (time based) data for CL and ES. Tick data seems to be fine. I have repaired db and have restarted multiple times. Wondering why this happening if I recorded the data during Friday's session? Is this related to the historical data server problems?
            You do not mention if you have manually reloaded the data on the chart. Please try Right clicking your chart and then selecting Reload Historical Data.

If this does not restore the data, please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
              This is what I think you may be missing. It is not the same thing that has caused the missing data, they are different items all addressed separately. The timing was unfortunate, but they were unrelated.
              Please, let's not split hairs here. I very well understand that the new problem is unrelated to the prior ones but frankly, I don't care: this issue has been going on for months now and this is simply bad for your reputation. There's a finite number of potential bottlenecks and each and every one of them needs to be addressed with a redundant solution.

Put yourself in the shoes of your customers: we don't care why it doesn't work. We just need to be able to trust our platform, no matter what.

Comment

Correct, I did not mention that I did reload historical data multiple times as well. Unfortunately it did not work. I'm still missing RTH data for Friday's session on time based ES and CL charts.

Comment

Originally posted by laocoon View Post
                  Put yourself in the shoes of your customers: we don't care why it doesn't work. We just need to be able to trust our platform, no matter what.
                  I assure you that we want you trading just as much as you want to be trading. That is why the data issues are resoved and you are currently up and running and able to trade.

The reason it is important to "split hairs" here is because the fact is that things come up and we fix them as quickly as possible. These were all different items that could have happened to any data service and we fixed them; we found out what the issue was in each situation and we have addressed it. It would be like if your car kept breaking down for different reasons, each time it would result in the same thing, you can't drive, but you couldn't say to your mechanic, "I just had you replace my battery and now my tires are flat. I expect that once you have fixed one thing, nothing else can occur."

Comment

Correct, I did not mention that I did reload historical data multiple times as well. Unfortunately it did not work. I'm still missing RTH data for Friday's session on time based ES and CL charts.
                    Please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we will further assist, as this data should be available as confirmed by others in this thread.

Comment

... we fix them as quickly as possible.

... It would be like if your car kept breaking down for different reasons, each time it would result in the same thing, you can't drive, ...
                      I think the issue most folks have is that "fixing it quickly" translated into 16 hours (minimum) from the time of it being reported by users. The optics of NT support folks answering other queries in the meantime, with zero updates or acknowledgement on this arguably more important item, I think is what we're also having trouble with.

In the meantime, the Asian session had finished; and the majority of London had completed; surely you can understand that these are legitimate sessions for traders, regardless of where on the globe they be located.

All the while, the "car remained broken" until the shop seemingly opened for business well after 9am EST. My sense is that the technical/IT folks who could have made the server switchover or resolved the issue earlier, simply weren't available or "on call" Sunday night, hence there was 'radio silence' for 16 hours. I am guessing on that latter point and I may indeed be wrong.

But, I based it on having built and run IT help desks as a career, and knowing the severity of this issue, with no communication or acknowledgement of the problem, it leads me/us to believe there was no personnel to handle it, no callout process and no severity level ascribed to the matter(s). Not trying to be difficult, just drawing reasonable conclusions on the facts & events as they unfolded, with a genuine hope that it be resolved reasonably sooner, when/if it occurs again. If I recall past similar incidents, my sense is that it has been resolved sooner, on occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Beljevina View Post
                        I think the issue most folks have is that "fixing it quickly" translated into 16 hours (minimum) from the time of it being reported by users.
                        I agree absolutely with this, and I addressed this in post 297.

Proper call outs were made and the staff responsible were available, the thread was unfortunately not updated to reflect that it was being worked on and I am sorry for that; we will absolutely do our best to continue offering the high level of support our users have come to experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tderrick View Post
                          Brother James,

I'm afraid that's not very comforting. Now, instead of just a single problem, it
                          appears we have a myriad of pit falls lurking in the data universe.

I see why it is so hard to repair. It may be out of your hands.

I see one workaround.

New platform
                          New data
                          New Broker

I'm starting over

A FAR simpler solution is just get a backup data provider. Your just reacting emotionally right now. Cool off and think about it.

Comment

Hello All,

All historical data should be restored. Please restart NinjaTrader and try reloading your data.

If you are missing any data after doing so, please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with details on the missing data.
                            Thanks guys for being on it. I appreciate the free historical data, please keep it that way.

Comment

FYI: After market closed, I once again restarted NT and then reloaded historical data. For some reason it is now working and all charts reloaded correctly.

Comment

FYI: After market closed, I once again restarted NT and then reloaded historical data. For some reason it is now working and all charts reloaded correctly.
                                Hello,

At this time, you are the only member that has reported such behavior. If you have not yet, please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post zstheorist  
                                Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rehmans