Collapse

Historical Data Missing From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok lost data like many others this morning. I thought the issue was resolved, but I reconnected a few minutes ago and got some data on a few charts and no data on others. What's going on?
    By the way all the charts are CL 4-14. I have a 2 range that is marginally effected, 4 range that doesn't seem effected, and a 8 range that is useless.
    Last edited by CaptainAmericaXX; 03-10-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Hello,

We have resolved the underlying issue and data is now being recorded again. You should have access to data in tick and minute formats from the morning of 3/10/2014 onwards. Data from the missing period will be restored in full during the coming weekend's maintenance.
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good point.

Also, and this is addressed to Kyle, signing up for this free trial didn't work out for me. After jumping through all the hoops and providing personal data I was presented with a screen requiring me to provide my credit card details and authorisation for unspecified and open ended amounts to be charged on a recurring deductions basis. That rules this option out for me. (I understand how that system works but also have first hand experience how difficult - impossible - it can be to get a recurring payment stopped if it is triggered by accident or error. The credit card company/bank will NOT get involved to stop such payments. Here in the UK even closing the credit card account doesn't stop liability for those charges)

Any other suggestions? Or am I to stand by the sidelines for a whole week like we had to do during the Mirus crisis? It seems crazy that NinjaTrader with all their connections and business partnerships can't arrange some emergency cover from some data provider for a few hours worth of historical data.

Comment

PS: It's not even IQFeed that's taking this unlimited authority on your credit card - it's a third party service called Telvent DTN - an energy company going by the name of Schneider Electric. They don't seem to come under any UK or European regulation for consumer safety, privacy or data protection (though they probably meet the legal obligations wherever they are based).

Even though I haven't agreed to the credit card authorisation and I exited from that screen Telvent now have all the address and phone number type details provided to IQFeed in the initial screens (!) and they have already sent me an email "welcoming me" as a customer. There is no unsubscribe option.

If anyone thinks getting a company to stop charging their card is difficult, they're going to have no end of fun trying to get a company to get another company to stop charging their card. On those grounds I prefer to not use IQFeed and would prefer another option please.
          Last edited by Instamess; 03-11-2014, 04:17 AM.

Comment

There is no free data source which could be used. You will either need to pay for the data from a provider such as Kinetick, eSignal, etc, or you can purchase data from www.tickdata.com

We will have no other option at this time to backfill the data and will be attempting to restore the missing data this weekend.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Matthew, and I appreciate you're trying to help, but they have a $990 minimum charge even if I want just one day's data on the one futures contract I trade.

So I guess NinjaTrader has knocked me out of trading for this week

Comment

I'm having the same issue with CQG on the ES. I've sent the email to support as suggested earlier, although it seems like they have pinned down the problem now.

Comment

You may download and import the missing historical data using instructions in the following thread:

Comment

Technical analysis doesn't work with missing ES data/bars. Can you fill the missing data immediately,..instead of waiting for weekend?

Comment

Hello mmtrader,

Thanks for your reply.

It will not be possible to update the data on the servers until this weekend however you can follow the steps in the link below to download and import the missing data.
                      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Brandon. Can you also please post similar NQ data?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                          You may download and import the missing historical data using instructions in the following thread:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=64567
                          Thanks.

Once we have imported that data, the NT server issue is fixed I believe, so am I correct that everything should be back tomorrow upon starting and connecting NT to the data feed?

Comment

Yes, everything should be back to normal for you once you've imported the data.

We have plans to restore the data to the servers this weekend.

Comment

Nice recovery from the oops.

Rarely is the issue the oops, it is how you recover from it.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Hello mmtrader,

Thanks for your reply.

What time frame are you missing data on the NQ 03-14?
                                What type of data is it you are missing? (example: tick, minute)
                                Please also verify who you connect to.
                                BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Pattontje  
                                Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
                                17 responses