Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

order of strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order of strategies

Hello,

I have in several charts for 6A, 6B.... and each with a short and a long script added in the chart and all is working fine.

I do enable the scripts each chart in a certain order so that my customized trading buttons in the toolbar appear in right order (buttons for short script in red color on the left and buttons for long script with green color on the right). But when opening the workspace and then enabling the scripts there is the long script always appearing in the strategies window above the short script and then in the toolbar on the left. I changed the names of the scripts before compiling and saving already to a1xFTFXxS and a1xFTFXzL. So the xS should appear before the zL when enabling. But again the a1xFTFXzL is appearing before the a1xFTFXxS.

Thank you
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 05-08-2018, 07:30 AM. Reason: translation error

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to clarify, are you saying that when loading the workspace the toolbar buttons are in the incorrect order after re-enabling the strategies? If so are you enabling both at once or enabling them in the order in which you want the buttons added?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

thank you for your reply. I dont mean your Basic NT-Buttons. I made my own Buttons to handle entries and trades - work perfect for years.

Now I do add not only one script-strategy to a Chart. I have now one strategy for Longs and one for Shorts. So I saved the scripts with a111xFTFXxS for Shorts and a111xFTFXzL for Longs and I thought the short script will Show up first (because x is before z).

But the Long script Show up above in strategy window and on the left in the toolbar.

I always have to remove the Long script, then apply the short script so that it appears in the Chart and then add the Long script again to Show up after the short script. This is bothering all the time.
      (the solution is not to enabel in strategy tab, there must be a logic what script is enabled first, second...) in the Chart.

PS:another question now: do you know why some words appear with Upper Letter here when writing in the Forum?

Thank you!
      Tony
      Last edited by tonynt; 05-08-2018, 09:10 AM. Reason: clearifying

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for the reply.

In this case, I would likely just suggest using the chart if that approach works correctly for what you are doing.

Because modifying the GUI in nt7 was not supported, you may run into cases where you need to use workarounds for what you are doing to work. We also generally dont suggest making two separate strategies to apply to the same instrument/chart so this adds to the problem. The best solution would be to combine the strategies code into one script as that avoids this situation completely and also falls in line with the standard strategy development guidelines.

Regarding the forum, I would not be certain that is likely just due to this forum software that is being used.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        1 response
        0 likes