Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Enagled not set false after close position via SL or TP order in atm strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Solo_fk,

AllTrades will show all trades made with historical data while RealtimeTrades would only account for trades made with streamed realtime data. Market Replay will load historical data on a chart and stream Market Replay data as if it were realtime data.

When we rewind Market Replay, we move back to a period of time, load the historical data from that point and earlier, and then stream Market Replay data at that point to simulate realtime data.

Since AllTrades include historical and realtime trades, we would need to see a profit of 0 from historical trades to expect a value of 0 when we enable and transition to realtime data.

More information on the Performance object is publicly available in our help guide. I'll provide a link below.

Performance - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erformance.htm

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jim,

if AllTrades inside the code sees the sum = -412 then why can not I see it in the Account Performance section?

in the tools section there is not even one for which my strategy is added (6B 06-18) there are only 6B 03-18
      (https://gyazo.com/4fcb09086becff9adeb89f8745a4016e)

** I use Market Replay connection when I look at Account Performance statistics

thx!

Comment

Hello Solo_fk,

Account Performance refers to the trades performance of the account. Trades made by a strategy with historical data exist only to that strategy. You can see the performance for those trades by right clicking on the strategy in the Strategies Tab and selecting Strategy Performance. They will be listed under "Historical" and "Historical & Realtime" performance reports.

Please see the Strategy Position Vs. Account Position documentation for more details - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._account_p.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello Jim,

thanks for "Strategies Tab and selecting Strategy Performance", very comfortably function

do I understand correctly what
          Performance.AllTrades.TradesPerformance.Currency.C umProfit
          reflects Profit total for all accounts for this instrument?

thx!

Comment

Hello Solo_fk,

No, the Performance object reflects the strategy performance, not the account performance. Overall account performance cannot be fetched by a NinjaScript strategy in NinjaTrader 7 aside from the GetAccountValue() method. I'll provide a link at the end of my post for further reference.

From the Performance object help guide page:
            The Performance object holds all trades and trade performance data generated by a strategy.
            • A NinjaScript strategy can generate both synthetic trades (historical backtest trades) and real-time trades executed on a real-time data stream. If you wish to access only real-time trades, access the "RealtimeTrades" collection
            • The first trade of the "RealtimeTrades" collection will contain a synthetic entry execution if the strategy was NOT flat at the time you start the strategy.
            GetAccountValue() - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...countvalue.htm

Please let us know if have any additional questions on the materials provided.

Comment

Hello Jim,

There was two more question (for convenience):

1. Every time after loading workspace, We have to reopen all the indicators and strategies in the NT code editor.

Is there a way to remember all open windows of the code editor in the workspace itself?
              (So that they become part of the saved workspace). It would be convenient.

2. on this forum there is a possibility of subscribing to answers?
              (So that when you answer I received a notice by mail)

thanks!
              Last edited by Solo_fk; 04-18-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Hello Solo_fk,

When I save a workspace with the NinjaScript Editor open, the NinjaScripts open and the trees in the NinjaScript Explorer all persist. I have included a demo video showing a test below. Please let us know if you do not see the same thing on your end.

Demo - https://www.screencast.com/t/1ArFzcTXMAO

Subscribing to threads can be done from the Thread Tools menu. See attached picture. You can also set a default subscription mode in your User CP under "Edit options."

We are glad to be of any additional help.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jim,

When I save a workspace with the NinjaScript Editor open, the NinjaScripts open and the trees in the NinjaScript Explorer all persist. I have included a demo video showing a test below. Please let us know if you do not see the same thing on your en
                  Is it only for NT8 or is there a mechanism for storing code windows in NT7?

thanks!

Comment

Hello Jim,

one more question ...

Can NT7 and NT8 stand on windows at the same time? or just one of them?

thanks!

Comment

Hello Solo_fk,

NinjaTrader 7 does not have this ability. Normally we would submit a feature request for this behavior to be implemented. However since NinjaTrader 7 is in a freeze, the recommendation would be to expect the feature in NinjaTrader 8.

NinjaTrader 8 and NinjaTrader 7 can use the same license key on the same PC and run at the same time, but the same license key cannot be used on separate PC's. You also may be limited to connect to your account from one platform at a time when using both NT7 and NT8 on your PC.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Jim,

How much longer will full support for NT7 continue?
                        (before it is frozen)

thanks!

Comment

Hello Solo_fk,

Thank you for your response.

There are no plans to end support for NinjaTrader 7.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

There are no plans to end support for NinjaTrader 7
                            Thanks, Patrick
                            I like NT7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post algospoke