Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy wizard & existing ATM Strategy

Support,

I have created a few ATM Stratagies in my SuperDOM and use them to place my trades and have the trade managed by the DOM (ie profit, stops & breakeven stop strategy). I would like to be able to call those existing ATM Strategies when I am creating a trading strategy using your Strategy wizard. I know this can be done by hard coding but I have little coding experience and I want to test my strategies with my preferred order management especially while I am testing a new strategy.

Is there any plans for the Strategy Wizard to be able to call an existing ATM strategy that I have created in the SuperDOM?

There currently is no way to accomplish this in the Strategy Wizard. I am unsure of the plans for implementing this, but will forward to development.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I understand the availability. Is there a way in the strategy wizard to move a stop after the trade has advanced. Let's say that once the trade moves 5 ticks in the direction of the trade, I want the stop to be moved to my entry. Can that be accomplished in the wizard?

Comment

Yes, this can be accomplished in the wizard.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have looked through the online manual and I cannot find an example of how to accomplish this 'breakeven stop'. Have I overlooked an example in the Online manual. Can you direct me to the appropriate section of the manual or to an example on how to accomplish this task. thanks

Comment

There are millions of variations that can be programmed using the wizard and unfortunately we can not provide examples for all of them.

Here are some tips -

- Create a condition that checks for open position and submits stop exit stop order
            - Create a conditino that checks for X in strategy PnL and once at 5 ticks, modify price of the stop order to the strategy avg price

Comment

I would agree with the previous poster -- having some way to include a GUI version of the AutoTrail and/or AutoBreakeven functionality would be *extremely* helpful to those of us who use the Strategy Wizard instead of scripting stuff "by hand." After all, that's part of what makes a 'good' strategy is having the right exit points!

NT folks, please add some aspect of these functions to your next update of the Strategy Wizard? Pretty Please?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

I would also really like to see this too.

The ATM strategies are too powerful left out of the strategy wizard.

It would be awesome to be able to select ATM strategies in the stop loss/profit target portion of the strategy builder....

Comment

Would also like to see source code for ATM strategy

I would also like to see this - but maybe in a slightly different way.

I think it would be difficult to access and ATM strategy in the strategy builder - if it is easy then great.

I would like to suggest the following - which may be easier for NinjaTrader to implement.

What is required is the ability to view the source code of an ATM strategy. After you have constructed the ATM strategy you want all that is required is for the system to display the code - which it is using in the background already. It could then be pasted and changed in the strategy editor.

Comment

Unfortunately we won't publish the ATM source code.

Comment

what I actually meant

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                        Unfortunately we won't publish the ATM source code.
                        I did not say what I wanted to say correctly - the source code of an ATM strategy is not required.

I my humble opinion Ninjatrader is a great trade management tool (using ATM strategies). I think it will be even greater if ATM strategies constructed using the DOM could be easily linked in to ninjascript strategies. I have looked at at the ATM strategy methods and event driven programming and have the following questions:

1) using ATM strategy methods in ninjascipt
                        The benefit of using ATM strategy methods in Ninjascript is that the you can "manually manage the resulting open position via an ATM Strategy in one of Ninja Trader's order entry windows" (quote from help file). Does this mean that you still have to be in front of your computer when a position is opened to attach an ATM strategy.

2) It is not possible to constructs an ATM strategy (with profit targets, stop losses and all), save the ATM strategy and then call the ATM strategy from within a Ninjascript strategy?

3) Please add an overview section to the "ATMStrategy Methods" section in the help file. Most of the sections start with an overview section except same.

4) Assuming I am correct that a complete ATM strategy cannot be referenced from within a Ninjascript strategy as described above the only thing that could be used is "event driven programming" to provide what an ATM strategy would. Is there another way I don't know of.

5) Please provide a link to a reference sample of how to use ATMStrategy methods in Ninjascript is available

Sorry for the long post but I do believe all of the above is related.

TIA

Comment

1) No, however we don't ever advise not being near your computer when its running automated strategies

2) Correct, ATM strategy templates must already exist (manually created)

3) Thanks for the suggestion

4) No other way

5) The only sample we have installs with NT called SampleATMStrategy, you can view the source via Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Strategy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Javierw.ok  
                          Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes