Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currencies

Hi,
    I'm new to currency trading, so maybe I'm missing something.
    Attached are my orders and strategy positions.
    My problem is with AUD/JPY (its circled in the pics).
    From orders you can see that I executed one Short of 50000 @82.75 and covered @82.74. Its a whole tick of profit, but how does it translates into 500$? (see on strat tab).
    I sorted all the orders by instrument (you can see it) so it is only this order.
    Maybe its not in USD?

Whats going on???

Baruch
    Attached Files

Baruch, yes correct it would not be USD here, it would be Yen, so about 6$ Pnl.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand thanks,
      So why does it show USD?
      I also have another computer and on it all my CME futures trading is stated in GBP. Why???

Baruch

Comment

You're welcome Baruch - this would depend on the local currency the computer / OS would use - adding more flexibility here is on our list for future consideration.

Comment

Bertrand,
          I think I lost you. You say that 500$ on my strategy tab is actually 500Yen.
          If this is true so why it says 500$(USD)? Is it only a presentation bug or in NT calculations it also calculates wrong? In other words if I want my stoploss to be 100$ how do I calculate it?
          And about showing GBP instead of USD
          this would depend on the local currency the computer / OS would use - adding more flexibility here is on our list for future consideration
          Its not about flexibility its about money. 500$ != 500GBP and != 500Jen.

Please elaborate on NT calculations of different currencies.

Baruch

Comment

Baruch, this is only a visualization bug - the currency symbol used is the local on / the one the computer is setup in, that's why you would see 500 $ being shown. For a stoploss of 100$ (different base currency) you would need to self calculate in your code.

Comment

Visualization Bug

Hi Bertrand,
              I am working on this project with Baruch. Could you please clarify what you mean by "visual bug"? I went through several of our trades that use crosses with a big usd conversion on the quote currency value (such as eur/nzd) yet we only seem to have this issue with the yen pair? Could you please clarify if this bug is just for yen cross results or???

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              Baruch, this is only a visualization bug - the currency symbol used is the local on / the one the computer is setup in, that's why you would see 500 $ being shown. For a stoploss of 100$ (different base currency) you would need to self calculate in your code.

Comment

Shyam, you can check the conversion cross rate applied under your Executions, if there's no rate for doing the Yen based convert, you would see the 'raw' Yen value displayed with the local currency symbol (here USD).

Comment

@All

it is my understanding that you should not care about the curency symbol inidicated by NinjaTrader. They are just wrong (or say for future use).
                  A strategy on the ES 03-11 with 500 USD of PNL will result in 500 Yen with your PC local currency Yen.. Or in 500 EUR in my case. All just wrong. NT assumes a conversion rate of 1 because it is easier to calculate.

@Baruch

1. Are you interested in currency conversions? Would you like to help extending a Money class that I have developped earlier? If yes, let me know .

2. The best is it to define an exchange opening time and the exchange time zone info.
                  For example I define 8.00 as opening time and MEZ as time zone for DAX.
                  Then you use the C# time zone functions to get the opening time in you local time zone.

@NinjaTrader

I am missing 2 major currencies in your NinjaTrader.Cbi.Currency enum.

Could you please add the Russian rubel and the cinese Renmimbi please.

Comment

zweistein, thanks for the suggestions, we've added to our list of feedback.

We identified a bug for NT7 R2 concerning currency pairs holding on USD values, we're looking into matters.

If a conversion rate is available the value would be converted according;y; just the local currency symbol is used in the display in some UI's unfortunately, this is also on our list to look into in the future.

Comment

@Bertrand,

any plan for an open function

double d=NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.CrossRate["EURUSD"];

and

NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.CrossRate["EURUSD"]=1.291;

(or just use simpler functions instead of dictionaries)

?????

Maybe allow setting the conversion rate only if undefined inside NT?

regards
                      Andreas

Comment

conversion

Any chance the code where you deal with these conversions is exposed or do we need to fix it in the results manually?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post

Comment

An addition..

How about TickValue?

Originally posted by zweistein View Post
                          @Bertrand,

any plan for an open function

double d=NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.CrossRate["EURUSD"];

and

NinjaTrader.Db.Globals.CrossRate["EURUSD"]=1.291;

(or just use simpler functions instead of dictionaries)

?????

Maybe allow setting the conversion rate only if undefined inside NT?

regards
                          Andreas

Comment

This looks to be a bug and development is looking into it. Thank you.
                            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Issue with PnL on Kintetick feed with Sim101

I use the live Kinetick feed on forex and cannot get the PnL right when trading on the sim101 account (no backtest or replay or strat). I trade the EURUSD and I left the default setting in instrument manager to point value = 100,000.00 and tick = 0.0001.

I am trying to get the dollars pip value of 10$ for 1 pip. Also i configure the Sim101 account to simulate a 1:100 leverage with Initial cash = 100,000 margin = 0.01 and margin/unit = 1000.
                              Can you please explain what i am doing wrong, i just want to get to simulate 1 pip - 10$.

thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes