EMA Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMA Alert

I'm trading on a 5 minute chart. I want my Alert to trigger if ticker comes within two ticks of EMA. There doesn't seem to be an option to check the Alert status on every tick, only on bid, ask, and bar close.

Can I set this?

Also, I've set two conditions: two ticks above EMA and two ticks below EMA. Is that right?

Hello sgordet,

Thank you for your post.

There is not an option to set this currently in NinjaTrader.

Also, I've set two conditions: two ticks above EMA and two ticks below EMA. Is that right?
    Yes, this is correct.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's unfortunate.

Is there a way that I can set an alert when a ticker gets close to an EMA without having it exactly hit a price point at the end of the bar.

I also am not understanding why I couldn't just choose bid or ask. That seems to not depend on checking as to whether or not the event is occurring at the end of the bar as it's in the same drop down selection list as "Close."
      Last edited by sgordet; 03-20-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Hello sgordet,

Thank you for your post.

"Is there a way that I can set an alert when a ticker gets close to an EMA without having it exactly hit a price point at the end of the bar. "

In your alert conditions. Change the Offset Type to ticks to specify how many ticks away from the price your EMA will trigger the alert in the offset area.

" I also am not understanding why I couldn't just choose bid or ask. That seems to not depend on checking as to whether or not the event is occurring at the end of the bar as it's in the same drop down selection list as "Close." "

Could you please elaborate on the behavior you are seeing in NinjaTrader?

Could you please post an image to clarify the behavior you are seeing?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
        Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image.
        Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to assisting you further.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gm7_forum  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        1 response
        0 likes