Managing NinjaScript Strategies with ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing NinjaScript Strategies with ATM

I'm running a NinjaScript Strategy that places and manages orders through an ATM. It's working pretty well but I'm definitely noticing that there are times that I'd like to have the strategy not enter a trade. The conditions are correct for the trade to enter, but I can see looking at the larger chart that the current state is probably transitional and it would be nice to have the system ready to take the longer term direction. Here's what would be a terrific enhancement:

Some kind of "Suppress Order" button so that while a strategy is running one could temporarily "suppress" its order behavior. It wouldn't work (and probably shouldn't) if an active ATM order is already in position, (I mean there is an open position being managed by an ATM), but would work such that if you pressed the suppress button, it wouldn't act on the this or the next bar, or until it turned it was turned off. I'm not sure if there is a work around way to do this now since if you turn the strategy off, you have to reformat and turn it back on and that could be pretty disruptive.
    I know this is an odd request but think of it this way, cruise control on a car is a great thing, but using it in busy traffic is not smart. Having some ability to suppress an order temporarily without stopping the strategy could be useful though I admit it somewhat defeats the purpose of having an automated strategy. Its just that for me, an automated market entry works better than I di manually. I miss good entries all the time when I'm trying to enter an order manually.
    Thanks
    daven
    Last edited by daven; 09-25-2007, 03:48 PM. Reason: Correct Grammar errors

Hi Daven:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on using this feature of the automated trading. I will make sure your comments are seen by our development team and added to their list of possible future enhancements to the NT 6 application.

Enjoy your day and happy trading!
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    1 response