Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom formatting the value at PriceMarker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom formatting the value at PriceMarker

How can i format the value of price marker?

thanks

Unfortunately this is not possible. I suspect you mean changing the number of signficiant digits displayed etc... ?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, that's exactly what i want.

Maybe you can add it at NinjaTrader's wish list?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll put it on the list of future considerations.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

FormatPriceMarker method is not quite there yet.

You can use the FormatPriceMarker method to do almost anything to the Price Marker, including but not limited to controlling the number of significant digits. In the screen shot, note that the name of the indicator is displayed as well as the value.

But if an indicator has more than one plot, the same price marker, with the same values, will be displayed for ALL of the plots.

I therefore request that Ninjatrader® give priority to refining the FormatPriceMarker method so that for indicators that have more than one plot, different custom price markers can be applied to different plots.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ricam; 09-14-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Ricam,

Thanks for the feedback. Your suggestion has been noted and inserted into our tracking system with ID # 715. Unfortunately we do not have an update since you first requested this feature added.

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I too would like to see this facility unless someone can tell me how to alter this problem in script. Please see attached screen shot and note the price markers on the MACD sub graph. I don't want to know the value of the Avg or the zero line (I'm guessing that its 0) neither do I particularly, for my trigger, need to know the difference value. But because all these are either displayed or not I can't see when the actual MACD value crosses from +'ve to -'ve and visa versa.
              Useful around 9.40am when MACD started to drift sideways.

HMMMM have just had lightbulb go off. If you configure the indicator to NOT display price markers but allow them to be displayed in the data box. This works and I'm sure someone will have already written an indicator / data box that will display configurable indicator values so you wouldn't need to display the values you don't want.
              Still would be handy to be able to either have configurable price markers for each component of an indicator or a floating data box that you could add indicator values too.
              Last edited by stocktraderbmp; 10-18-2011, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
              0 responses
              1 view