Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick Globex Non-Pro Fees

Hi.

I'll be traveling in Europe in September and October.

I will not have a computer with me.

How can I connect each month and have my non-pro status verified during my trip?

Thanks!

Hello M_ichel,

Please follow the steps below to validate your eligibility for the Globex Non-Pro Fees :

1) Have your live NinjaTrader license entered
    2) Select "Participate in the Globex Non-Pro Fees" within the connection settings for Kinetick. If the connection is already set up, select at "Tools > Account Connections > Kinetick > Change > Next > Next"
    3) Connect to Kinetick and your broker's data feed at the same time
    4) Check the log tab of the Control Center for the validation message
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher.

I think you misunderstood my question...

I will NOT be able to launch NinjaTrader! Is there another way (directly at Kinetick?) to validate my status as a non-pro?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello M_ichel,

The validation will need to be done in NinjaTrader.

Comment

So... is there a solution, in your opinion?

(Other than these three:
          1- Carry my laptop during the whole trip. Which I will NOT do.
          2- Give my wife (she'll be staying home) the password to open a session on my (left at home) computer, give her my NinjaTrader password, give her my broker password (and security device), etc. Thereby violating several EULAs, I'm sure. Which I will NOT do.

3- Go to an Internet café, download and install NinjaTrader (assuming that I would be allowed to do this), log on, configure connections, connect to Kinetick, connect to my broker, etc..., remove NinjaTrader, etc.

(By the way: can I run NinjaTrader on my iPhone? I can certainly log on to my brokerage account...)

Thanks!

Supplemental question: what happens to my non-Pro status if I do not connect for two months? What happens when I come back and re-connect, etc. Do I get my non-Pro status back???

Comment

Hello M_ichel,

You can contact Kinetick at [email protected] to manage your subscriptions until you are able to validate the Globex Non Pro fees.

To maintain the validation you will need to connect to Kinetick and a supported brokerage account with a live license key at lease once a month.

Comment

OK. Thanks, Christopher.

Comment

Originally posted by M_ichel View Post
                2- Give my wife (she'll be staying home) the password to open a session on my (left at home) computer, give her my NinjaTrader password, give her my broker password (and security device), etc. Thereby violating several EULAs, I'm sure. Which I will NOT do.
                Isn't physical access to the machine enough to start NinjaTrader?

I mean, once you setup the account username & password, I thought it was not needed further -- so why would you have to provide it to your wife?

Once the account credentials have been setup, I never enter my username/password when connecting to my broker inside NinjaTrader.

Anyways, that's not why I'm replying.

Why not use remote control software?

Is your PC running 24/7 while you are away?
                If not, is your wife home and does she have access to and knowledge of how to turn on your PC?

Try installing TeamViewer remote control software onto the PC (as well as their app onto your phone) and connect to your PC and do it yourself.

TeamViewer is free for personal use.

Your wife does not need your Windows account password.
                All she needs to do is turn on the PC.

You'll connect to your PC from your phone, enter your Windows password from your phone, start NinjaTrader, and do all the required connecting.

Investigate and experiment now before your trip!

Comment

Hey bltdavid! What a GREAT suggestion!

I actually did something similar (but Mac to Mac) between Italy and Canada a couple of years back but hadn't used TeamViewer since so it was not "front-of-mind".

[I can change the Windows PC laptop's PIN (which I use only for trading) to a temporary PIN that my wife can use to turn it on.]

NO, NO! She doesn't even need that, doesn't she? All she needs to do is hit the power switch!

Thereafter, I guess there should be no reason why I couldn't control it from the iPhone...

I'll give it a try in a couple of days and let the forum know the results.

Thanks for a GREAT and helpful suggestion!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ScottWalsh