Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

indicator that can initiate a trade from a chart marker that is created by...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator that can initiate a trade from a chart marker that is created by...

Hello where would one start to create, guessing a indicator maybe a strategy??
    What I would like to happen be able to do is tell the indicator/straqtegy that "when such and such" creates a chart marker--arrow,dot,diamond, etc... to initiate a trade.
    Is this possible? Has anyone experimented or better yet developed such?

Thanks in advance

Hello billywantstoknow,

You would need to loop through the DrawObjects collection. You would also need some kind of logic to remember which objects have already had orders trigger for (or only trigger on the current bar in real-time).

Below is a public link to the help guide on the DrawObjects collection.

Also, below is a public link to a forum post with helpful information on getting started with NinjaScript.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know nothing about coding

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello billywantstoknow,

You would need to loop through the DrawObjects collection. You would also need some kind of logic to remember which objects have already had orders trigger for (or only trigger on the current bar in real-time).

Below is a public link to the help guide on the DrawObjects collection.

Also, below is a public link to a forum post with helpful information on getting started with NinjaScript.
      http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...678#post493678
      Hi Chelsea , Thank you for the links and info, unfortunately I am not a coder which does turn my smile upside down to a frown. do you happen to know of anyone that would be capable of doing this or has done this already? Can you do it?
      TIA

Comment

Hello billywantstoknow,

This is Jared from the NinjaTrader Business Development team responding on behalf of my colleague Chelsea.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Jared M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Strategy that calls an Indicator for Signals

It is common to have a strategy call an indicator and use the signals from the indicator to make trades based on if-then tests (logical).

I am attaching an example set of an indicator and a strategy that calls the indicator, written by Alan P, one of the NT support team members.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by StrongLikeBull, Yesterday, 04:05 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes