X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: Ninja Trader very slow using Heiken Ashi

I experience a quite annoying problem using the Heiken Ashi indicator:

Reproduce:

-Setup a new chart with many bars back (10 seconds over a few days, Gain tick over 1-2 days, ...).

- Add the Heiken Ashi indicator

- The first time, the chart will be drawn just fine. But whenever you do something that will remove the Heiken Ashi bars (Changing indicator settings, reloading data, closing the appliction), Ninja Trader will kind of freeze and not respond for a while (the more bars the the worse it gets). Often I will have to terminate the app using the task manager.

I don't know why this is. It feels like Ninja Trader is removing the bars one by one or something. It takes way to much time (Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, latest NT version).

I would not say this is a general performance issue of Heiken Ashi bars, because the drawing is just fast and fine. But changing/removing the bars takes forever.

This is a known limitation of the HeikenAshi, since there are managed lots of drawing objects. We'll add this to this the list of potential improvements fro NT7. Thanks for reporting though.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

It's just weird that the cleanup/redraw and not the drawing itself is causing the performance issues.

So maybe it's just a bad cleanup routine ?

Comment

I noticed this as well and would be interested in seeing this improved in the next version too. Just adding my vote here..

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
        This is a known limitation of the HeikenAshi, since there are managed lots of drawing objects. We'll add this to this the list of potential improvements fro NT7. Thanks for reporting though.

Comment

Something that's helped me a little. Reduce the bar size/thickness to just one. I've done this with Heiken Ashi Smooth and it's made a noticeable difference.

Comment

Already on 1 :-(

I'm not using the smooth but the normal built-in indicator. Do you think it's possible for a programmer to improve / optimize the code or is this something that is completely dependent on NT capability?

Originally posted by Ninja B View Post
            Something that's helped me a little. Reduce the bar size/thickness to just one. I've done this with Heiken Ashi Smooth and it's made a noticeable difference.

Comment

This is a limitation related to the current design of the HeikenAshi. We'll overhaul it for NT7 (beta end of this year).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ZenCortexAuCost