Memory Problem With RC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Problem With RC2

Installed RC2 and started NT. The memory usage was extremely high as well as CPU. Shut down computer, restarted and tried again. Same thing. RC2 then crashed.

I can't use it. Going to try and roll back to RC1.

I sent the log and trace files to support before I try to roll back.

Added pic.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Segwin; 10-10-2016, 12:44 PM.

Originally posted by Segwin View Post
    Installed RC2 and started NT. The memory usage was extremely high as well as CPU. Shut down computer, restarted and tried again. Same thing. RC2 then crashed.

I can't use it. Going to try and roll back to RC1.

I sent the log and trace files to support before I try to roll back.
    Can you try a new workspace and close all other workspaces?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Can you try a new workspace and close all other workspaces?
      I tried but it was unresponsive. After a few tries I gave up. Want to spend time trading this week and not troubleshooting. Tried to go back to RC1 but I got a conflict with the new DB. Had to wipe everything out and start from scratch (that's a lot of fun). I've done it so much though that I can plow through it pretty quickly now.

Comment

Hello Segwin, and thank you for your report. Could you give us some information from your Windows Event Viewer from your earlier crash? You will not need to reinstall RC2 for this, you can stay with RC1 if it is working stably.

Please follow these steps to retrieve the reason NinjaTrader has most recently crashed from your Event Viewer. There are larger versions of each thumbnail image before.

First, please open up your Control Panel. The Search box is in the upper right hand side. Please type "view event logs" into this box.

Next, please click "View event logs" on the left

Next, on the left side, drill down to Windows Logs -> Application. In the center, page down in the table (4) until you see "The program NinjaTrader.exe" in the lower box (5) . Once you see this, click the "Details" tab (6)

Once here, please select the XML View radio button (7) . In the XML View (8), click in this window, press ctrl + a, observe all the text is now highlighted as it is in the picture, and press ctrl + c . Open up your favorite text editor (9) and press ctrl + v inside it. Observe the text is now inside your text editor. Save this file (10) as EventViewerLog.xml (11)

IMPORTANT: If you see two or more similar errors next to each other, please send XML for all of these together.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 10-10-2016, 01:29 PM.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I should be able to get to it later today or tomorrow morning.

Comment

Ok Jessica,

I've created the file. Where should I send it?

Comment

Terrific, please e-mail it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com , referencing attn:ninjatrader_jessicap and 1586003 in the subject line. Thank you for gathering this information, it will help greatly with our investigation.

Comment

Good morning Jessica. Where would you like me to email the file you had me create? Also, will you post here with the results of your finding?

Thanks,

Terence

Comment

I will in fact. The address I posted above,

platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

is an address that is formatted to keep spam robots from being able to see it. Please replace [at] with @ and [dot] with .

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                    I will in fact. The address I posted above,

platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

is an address that is formatted to keep spam robots from being able to see it. Please replace [at] with @ and [dot] with .
                    Ok Jessica, email has been sent.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for this information, I will be reviewing it and will follow up with you shortly. I just wanted to confirm us receiving it.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                        Terrific, please e-mail it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com , referencing attn:ninjatrader_jessicap and 1586003 in the subject line. Thank you for gathering this information, it will help greatly with our investigation.
                        Sorry, for some reason I didn't see this post.

Comment

Thanks once again for providing us with your event viewer log. It looks like the reason Ninja crashed was your platform running out of memory. While this does not give us any more diagnostic information, since your high memory use itself was a symptom, it does help us rule out other causes.

I would like to ask for one more piece of diagnostic information. Would it be possible to send us the workspace file you were using at the time Ninja's memory usage peaked? This will be in your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces folder. This will contain some especially useful information from your system, including how many charts you were using and which custom NinjaScript files such as indicators or strategies your charts had loaded.

If you had more than one workspace file loaded at the time of the crash, please send us each workspace file that was open.

Thank you once again for both your report and your help investigating what occurred.

Comment

Hello, i am waiting a few more days before upgrading to RC2 as i have a stablish RC1 am working with at the moment.

I have been getting the 'unhandled exception: not enough quota is available to process this command'
                            this seems to be intermittent over last weeks - when i am running with live connection to data and i try to open a new tab and apply a template it hangs - i then need to kill process - have been trying to test and locate the issue - one aspect is i have an indicator in the template which adds a menu item to the main window; this is not an issue when loading multiple tabs on startup.
                            As per below i am puzzled why my system with 16GB would run out of memory in opening one more tab. All indicators run perfectly fine and no memory leaks and i let it run for a week before again trying to open a tab and apply a known saved template.

This alas has consumed alot of time and frustration over last weeks where N8 just hangs suspends and then i have to re create workspace as it does appear workpaces are vulnerable still to corruption of that i need no convincing and have written on this before.

I thought this a suitable thread to write my experience today which has happened and also like Segwin some days i get inexplicable large memory usage and i need to kill - clear cache and in some cases recreate workspace - which i did last week and has been fine - so why this large memory increases for no reason.

Out of interest i havent been able to locate any info on this - is the multi thread policy in N8 - a fixed thread system or it can spawn numerous unfixed number of threads?

thanks

Comment

just to add to my previous reply i opened a new tab with a point and figure chart and then moved to another window - the only added indicator was a volume indicator. The memory use jumped from 490 to 1400 MB ... i then closed the window and indeed it came back down to similar level - why such a jump in memory or is this a known expectation of memory required to operate a separate window to the main one?

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                              10 responses