Crosshair Value Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crosshair Value Problem

As you see in the video I have sometimes the problem that the value of the crosshair is not equal to the chart scale ones. Don't know what triggers that behavior, but every time its exactly 5 points more than the chart value. I use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Q to switch to the local crosshair.
    But what I know is, to get rid of the problem - minimizing the chart window and maximize it again - than everything is okay again.
    It is very disturbing and possibly dangerous.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Hello BearingHH,
    Can you please launch NinjaTrader in Safe Mode and test again?

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:

Loading workspaces.
    Connecting on start-up.
    Loading custom assemblies.
    Getting instrument updates from the server.
    To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:

Exit NinjaTrader.
    Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Comment

When I find out, what triggers the problem, I will do. It is so infrequent and could take a long time until the problem occurs, so personally Safe-Mode is no option for me.

Perhaps your developer who is in charge for the crosshair code could have a guess with the provided information when he looks into the code.

Space of 5 and workaround with minimizing the chart window (re-painting client area and so on), is written to stone.

Comment

A few questions then if I may:

- What instrument is this?
        - Have you customized any of the scale properties? (double click in the right side panel margin)

Thanks
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sure, no I haven't configured anything explicitly over the dialog. Its set to fixed, automatic, x-max, x-min, linear.
          I have the FDXM (15min) as primary and additionally FDAX (15min) on the same panel (overlay).
          Tried some things to reproduce it, but no chance so far. Sometimes its there and I have nothing in my mind what I did - no re-connect, no reload of indicators or anything else.

I would come back to you if I have more information in the future, but for now as I'm the only person, as it seems ...

Comment

Originally posted by BearingHH View Post
            Sure, no I haven't configured anything explicitly over the dialog. Its set to fixed, automatic, x-max, x-min, linear.
            I have the FDXM (15min) as primary and additionally FDAX (15min) on the same panel (overlay).
            Tried some things to reproduce it, but no chance so far. Sometimes its there and I have nothing in my mind what I did - no re-connect, no reload of indicators or anything else.

I would come back to you if I have more information in the future, but for now as I'm the only person, as it seems ...
            Thank you very much.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello BearingHH,

Would it be possible to schedule a remote support session with you? If this will be possible, could you please e-mail the following to

platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

mentioning Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and 1593209 in the subject line?

• A phone number where you can be reached
              • A time window where I can call you (please include a time zone) our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.
              • Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this.

If possible this would give us a way to capture some information on your system that could aid us in reproducing what you observed on our end.
              Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post TraderBCL  
              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
              14 responses
              0 likes