8.0.12 Custom BarType Not Displayed Correctly In Interval Selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.12 Custom BarType Not Displayed Correctly In Interval Selector

After upgrading, I am seeing an issue with custom bar types. In the interval selector, I am seeing a value like "2 114", where the 2 is the BarPeriod Value and the 114 is the custom bar BarsPeriodType. This used to display the BarPeriod.Value and Name.

Interestingly, when the interval selector is opened, the name is correctly displayed in the first column if the type has been configured.

Update: This is only happening with one bar type, which I had to change and recompile because the value initially used for BarsPeriodType was overwritten with your new Volumetric bar type that was released.
    Last edited by aslane; 02-05-2018, 01:08 PM.

Please clarify - is the issue still occurring? Or did editing the custom NinjaScript resolve the issue?

Ddoes the custom bartype still use the same enum value as the new volumetric bar type/chart style?

The new volumetric bar type occupies enum 14
    The new volumetric chart style occupies enum 8

Details can be found here:

Could you upload the bar type so I may review it? If you're unwilling to post it publicly here on the forums, could you send it to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Comment

Yes still happening.

My bar type was using 14 (which I know was a bad idea - my other bars all use much higher random values). I saw the message in the log after upgrading that there was a duplicate, so I changed it to 114 and recompiled/restarted. Hence the 114 in the display string.

I'll send you the bar type, nothing very interesting just a true range bar.

Comment

I wanted to post back for anyone that might search and find this.

The problem was narrowed down to a "Ninja-ism", in that the problem was being caused by NT changing the value of BarsPeriod.BarsPeriodTypeName from the value that was originally set in the SetDefaults State. The solution given was to hard code the name in the BarType instead of using the name of the BarPeriod.

This was done in order to fix a different bug #12324.

So the above even though clearly an issue, is not an issue because NT has depreciated that field, which is odd since there is now no way to name a BarPeriod.

So, you fix bugs by creating new bugs (I mean depreciating fields). Clearly, NT8 is not going stabilize anytime soon, and I now understand why most vendors have not ported over to NT8 yet when you have such a moving target.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post XXtrader  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi