Problem with account TD Ameritrade in Ninja Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with account TD Ameritrade in Ninja Trader

Hi, I'm logging in with my TD Ameritrade account and when I open a chart for example future ES-03-18, it only shows up to date 01/12/2017 and on the thinkorswim platform it shows me until the current date.

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

TD Ameritrade's API does not support futures data so this would be expected. Through NinjaTrader, TD Ameritrade only supports equity and index data.

I've linked to our helpguide with more details on what TDA and other data providers provide:

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TD Ameritrade now supports Futures quotes. I am not sure when they started to support futures quotes, (and not trading - YET). I recently communicated with their API support group and they responded they now support futures. It is open to all, so there should be no issue with Ninja adding this capability to their current driver. If you would like more info, please let me know. I have not tried to do any development work with it yet, so I am not deep with details.

Ninja, If you do not plan to update your link to TD-Ameritrade, maybe you could put your code on your forums, so someone, possibly me, would take a shot add adding the futures capabilities, without you needing to support it.

John

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

Currently TD Ameritrade's API does not support futures data to external sources, and we have not been updated with any information to the contrary at this time.

Below is a publicly available link to TDA's API overview:

I have added a vote to an ongoing feature request for this on your behalf. The tracking number is SFT-152.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did some exploration, and from the TDA API documentation web site, it does show they support Futures.

4.4 Data Service Table

The following streaming market data are supported for the JSON format.
          Quick Start Make a request to the User Info & Preferences API's Get User Principals method to retrieve the information found in the javascript example login request below. This can be run directly in the browser console.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by joromero; 05-21-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

I gave them this information and got the feature request added here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=109775

Would be great for them to update their support to include futures.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aa731
            by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes