backtest roll over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

backtest roll over

Hi. Forgive me if this has been answered before but I could not find the thread.

When we do a backtest of ES for strategy, when is the exact date of rollover collection start? Is it on the day of expiration date or a day after?

Another question. I have strategy to exit out 30 second before the market close. I am a little concerned about potential internet down or power outage but would like to keep 30 seconds as exit time. What can I do to make sure I am out of the position before market close when power goes out?

Thank you for your time.

Hello kapa1,

Thank you for your note.

The roll is prior to the expiration. You could go to Tools>Instruments and search the instrument, scroll to the bottom>Contract Months>and you’ll see the Rollover date NinjaTrader uses. You could see more about roll dates on CME,
    CME Group Equity Index futures allow market participants to roll their futures positions from one quarterly futures contract month to the next at any time they choose. Learn more.

Regarding your closing order, since this would be sent from your PC, you may consider a VPS (virtual private server) to run your NinjaTrader on. This would be like a virtual computer running with some big company that has reliable power/battery backups.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post funk10101  
    Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:57 AM
    11 responses
    0 likes