Stops Loss Orders Fill Immediately using Direct License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stops Loss Orders Fill Immediately using Direct License

I'm currently running a Direct license of NT8 on a 27in iMac using Parallels (Windows 10) to trade CL.

When I middle click with my Magic Mouse (Wireless Mac Mouse) to ad a stop in either the buy or sell column the Superdome fills the order at market when I try to place the stop.

For example, if I am in a Long position and I try to place a stop in the sell column 5 ticks below my entry, the Dome immediately places a sell order thus flattening my position.

I have to resolve this issue before I can begin live trading.

Have others running NT8 on a Mac had this problem?

I'm willing to upgrade my license if I need the additional functionality to place stops loss orders. However I don't won't to upgrade only to find it still doesn't work.

Hello Cattaneo,
    Thanks for writing in.

Some Mac mouses have trouble interfacing with the middle mouse click function on windows, do you have another mouse you could try?

What I believe is happening, is that when you click the middle mouse button to place a sell stop order, it is registering it as a normal mouse click and submitting a sell limit order below the market, which fills immediately.

Depending on the mouse, there could be settings to change this, but that is beyond the scope of my knowledge for the specific mouse you are using.

I would try using another mouse and seeing if you experience the same.

Please let us know what you find.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Solution to Middle Button with Magic Mouse

I found out that if I run Parallels in "coherence" mode then it is getting conflicting information regarding the inputs of my mouse. In other words everything still acts like a Mac. By keeping NT8 Confined in Parallels it (Windows/NT8) register the input of my mouse as it would on a PC.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes