Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charting bug in 8.0.12.0 64-bit (Multi-Broker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting bug in 8.0.12.0 64-bit (Multi-Broker)

Hi,
    I open a new chart, load in the VOL and ATR indicators and also set the cursor to Global Scroll. I now drag the ATR over to the volume pane so they are overlaid.

Now if I duplicate this chart in a new window and I move the cursor over one window I should get the cursor moving over both windows and over identical bars in time....
    However it seems that the two chart cursors becomes out of phase even though the charts are identical!
    If I now remove the ATR from the chart the cursors will work as expected.

I think the problem is to do with overlaying indicators on a pane and not necessarily to do with the indicators I mentioned above and of course you need to use two chart windows to see the problem.

Thanks,
    iq
    Last edited by iq200; 02-25-2018, 05:06 AM.

Hello iq200,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team.

Can I verify - is the scale justification for either of these indicators set to Left?

Right click on your chart and select Indicators and check the Visual section for the Scale justification.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Alan,
      Not sure if you tried it but when you add both the indicators to the chart, they are both right justified in their own panes. When you drag the ATR onto the VOL pane, it automatically becomes right justfied.

Just to clarify my original msg, I'm having a problem with the bars on the chart and not the indicator although the bug is linked to the indicators.

I originally noticed the problem with some other third party indicators but have now pinned the problem even down to a chart with nothing else except the indicators that ship with Ninjatrader (VOL and ATR).
      So before you say, the problem is NOT due to a third party indicator or anything else outside of NInjatrader. Note also that the charts were working in the previous version I had (I believe 8.0.10).
      Thanks,
      iq

Comment

Hello iq200,

In my testing, when I drag the ATR indicator onto the VOL panel, the ATR becomes left justified while the VOL indicator remains right justified.

Please confirm if this is the case by checking the scale justification after dragging the ATR indicator into the VOL panel.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Apologies Alan. I mistyped my message. The indicators are initially right justified but ATR becomes left justified when it is dragged onto the pane with VOL.

Comment

Hello iq200,

Thanks for your reply.

The development team is aware of this behavior and is working on implementing a fix in the next release of NinjaTrader 8.

You can look for reference number 12453 in the release notes of our help guide once a new release is available to see if this fix was included in the release:
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post LawrenHom  
            Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes