Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Converter indicators from NT7 to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter indicators from NT7 to NT8

Hello
    I'm trying to convert an indicator "VPA" from NT7 to NT8 via application:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/5Md2/9GPWMbSpr

Some of indicators converted ok. But the other issue error. Maybe somebody tried this converter or have reworked VPA for NT8? I will be grateful for the help.
    Last edited by suncity93; 01-27-2018, 02:07 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

While I couldn't say how to use the converter you have provided, I could potentially provide help in case you are having some specific errors with the file you have converted. If possible, please provide the converted script and errors you are seeing and I could try to help further there.

Otherwise, if any other users have any experience with this indicator I am sure they could provide further details.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

VPA files uploaded to the forum, I converted sequentially through the converter. Next, import zip-file to NT8 with no errors. But NT8 in the list of indicators VPA is missing. At the same time, new indicators can't be imported to NT8, as reported NT8 "indicator may not be imported due to errors in some other indicators."

Comment

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 8:
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
        • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
        • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
        • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
        To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
        Click here for instructions
        Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        Click here for detailed instruction
        We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand your time is valuable. In lieu of the above debugging steps, here is some assistance with converting indicators by hand.

For general information on converting NS, please visit this page,

For detailed advice on the topic, please visit this forums page,

If any specific questions come up, please ask them here, and we will be happy to help.
          Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes