Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart rendering failed-same factory instance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a side note that I am also receiving similar log lines and then a crash with 8.0.6.1. There are some custom indicators but none of them calls OnRender() and all brushes frozen just after creation. I do not wish to pursue my issue at this time, just trying to help the original poster.

2017-05-02 23:02:05:600|3|4|A direct X error has occurred while rendering the chart: HRESULT: [0x88990012], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_FACTORY/WrongFactory], Message: Objects used together must be created from the same factory instance.

2017-05-02 23:02:05:600|3|16|Chart rendering failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's OnRender method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x88990012], Module: [SharpDX.Direct2D1], ApiCode: [D2DERR_WRONG_FACTORY/WrongFactory], Message: Objects used together must be created from the same factory instance.
    '
    2017-05-02 23:06:53:063|3|16|Failed to call OnRender() for chart object 'Line': 'External component has thrown an exception.'

Comment

Thank you crokusek . While I understand you do not want to pursue this further, any contextual information at all you can provide will help us help the original poster. The names of the indicators you are using, the name of your video card, and your DirectX version, should be enough. Either way thank you for letting us know that you were seeing this as well.

I would like to ask that future posters refrain from simply letting us know that they are seeing this in this thread. Unless you are able to provide

• Either
        • The names (and version or download date if available) of any custom NinjaScript indicators you are using, or
        • Which of the following you are using in your own NinjaScript :
          • OnRender
          • OnRenderTargetChanged
          • Draw. methods (e.g. Draw.Rectangle)
          • SharpDX drawing methods
          • Calls that use Core.Globals.D2DFactory directly (or any other D2D factories)

• A screen shot of your System control panel (example attached)
      • Your video card
      • Your DirectX version (you can use the tool dxdiag.exe that comes with windows to learn this)

Then we are aware of this and are actively investigating this. We will keep this thread updated with more information. If you have all of the above information and are seeing D2DERR_WRONG_FACTORY please let us know in this thread.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 05-03-2017, 09:38 AM.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have some more information regarding this. This is known to occur on a system with these two video cards :

• GeForce GT 710
        • GeForce GT 610

Comment

I use:
          Win10 64bit
          GeForce GTX 460 SE
          AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0 GHz
          RAM: 10.0 GB
          DirectX 12
          I'm only using Draw.Text

Comment

I have some more information regarding both the D2D_WRONG_FACTORY. We believe we may have isolated the changeset this occurred within. I will keep this thread up to date.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 05-09-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I have some more information regarding this and a related threading message. It is possible we have a fix. Anyone interested in testing this fix please e-mail platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and 1684197 in the subject line. We will need to ask for some time for a remote support session, and the ability to install a custom version of NinjaTrader on your system. We deeply appreciate your patience, and all of you for using NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

thought i would post info for same type of errors to help in the process, i am using nt8 latest downloaded version 8.0.7 seems to be the "on render" method you mentioned

using:

GeForce GTX 1070

DirectX 12

windows 10 64 bit

here is a screen shot of system: https://www.screencast.com/t/bumUpHlJsmDr

one thing i noticed is i experience less crashes (in earlier version of nt8) when i am not using chart trader... when i have chart trader enabled and i am connected to iqfeed and iB broker i crash like breathing lol... but if i am just connected to iqfeed dont crash as much so my workaround is trade through nt7 and chart in nt8 until it crashes ... so that may help as well point in a direction.

hope that helps... i am in contact with help desk regarding another issue but thought i would post this in case it helps solve your current issue.
                thx
                Last edited by chinapassage; 06-06-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Thank you chinapassage . We have made several fixes to OnRender behaviors such as the one that was reported in this thread, but some of these fixes have been made to user-facing NinjaScript files which may not have been updated when you upgraded NinjaTrader. To ensure these files were correctly installed, please unzip the attached file into your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom folder, replacing your existing files.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cre8able  
                  Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                  0 responses