Trouble Connecting to CQG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Connecting to CQG

I added a new account to my Licensed Ninja Trader but am now having problems connecting to CQG. The error message is both below and in the attachment.

CQG: The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed. The error is: Could not load type 'CQG.Trader.DataAccess.DataServer.IInstrumentParse rFactory' from assembly 'CQG.Trader.DataAccess'. (C:\Program File(LoginFailed)

Help please,

taddypole...
    Attached Files

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for your post.

Since you are using CQG and reporting this error, you will need to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. You will not lose any chart data, workspaces, or chart templates.

Use the following link to download NinjaTrader. You can register your current license key which can be found under the Control Center -> Help--> License Key
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cameron,

Will lose anything in doing this?

I have a lot of customization and replay data.

Thank you,

taddypole...

Comment

Taddypole,

This will only remove the program files.

Your custom files will remain and not be removed

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
          Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for your post.

Since you are using CQG and reporting this error, you will need to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. You will not lose any chart data, workspaces, or chart templates.

Use the following link to download NinjaTrader. You can register your current license key which can be found under the Control Center -> Help--> License Key
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

When I download the NT installer it gives me the option to uninstall or repair.
          Do I uninstall and then download again and install or can I just repair?

Comment

Performing the Uninstall function and then downloading the installer again solved the
            problem....

...just as stated earlier

Comment

Is this still the case? I just came up with the same error message. What error does uninstalling and reinstalling solve? I'm on .1000.7 already

I have been using NT for a year and have two data feeds already.... but I'm thinking of switching my futures brokerage to NT as well, so I'm trying out a CQG feed. Does this advice apply to my situation, or is there a different workaround that doesn't involve me uninstalling?

The reason I'm asking is that I just uninstalled and reinstalled it a month ago.... I don't see how this would apply in my situation... I just did this.

Thanks,
              f661
              Last edited by fury661; 10-26-2011, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Hello fury661,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this is still the case. The error message reported in the screen shot of Post #1 means that there were some files related only to the CQG adapter that do not get updated in an over-the-top installation.

An uninstall will remove these files while a reinstall or upgrade to a new version will provide the proper files.

Note that uninstalling does not remove any chart templates, workspaces, indicators, or other custom settings.

This advice would apply to your situation if you try to login to CQG and receive this error message.

I would not expect to run into this issue with future NinjaTrader releases.

Comment

Makes no sense, but it worked.... I had already started uninstalling it before you replied, just in case.

Comment

CQG error

Support,

I am on NT 7.0.1000.8 and getting the error that was reported in the first post of this thread when I try to connect to CQG on my desktop computer.

And when I click ok and reconnect, I get a different error "There only can be one CQG adapter running at any time". Not sure why I am getting these errors.

Do I need to go through the uninstall/reinstall process? or is there any workaround for this? I want to avoid the uninstall process if possible.

Thanks
                    mmtrader

Comment

Hello mmtrader,

Thanks for your post.

A reinstall is required to resolve this issue unfortunately. That said, I would remind you that no settings will be lost.

Please:
                      Uninstall via the Windows Control Panel.
                      Do not remove the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder. (this is where custom settings are held)
                      Reinstall via this link: www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration
                      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                        Hello mmtrader,

Thanks for your post.

A reinstall is required to resolve this issue unfortunately. That said, I would remind you that no settings will be lost.

Please:
                        Do not remove the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder. (this is where custom settings are held)
                        OK, I'm afraid I know the answer to this situation but my account name and password changed with my brokerage. They told me to delete my connection and then set it up again.

When I did that, it's giving me the CQG adapter error.

Please tell me I don't have to reinstall. All I did was create a new connection!

Comment

Hello fury661,

You can try the following instructions, though this will not guarantee that you do not need to uninstall/reinstall NinjaTrader.

• Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
                          • Tools -> Options -> Data Tab
                          • Repair DB
                          • Restart NinjaTrader
                          • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

If the above instructions do not work then unfortunately you will need to uninstall/reinstall NinjaTrader, please note that if you uninstall/reinstall as per Kyle's instructions in post #11 you will not lose any custom settings such as charts, workspaces or indicators.

Comment

Support,

For this uninstall/reinstall of ninja to fix this problem,..when I perform this process this process, will it remove any of my custom installations and their dll files in "Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom" folder? Will I have to go through the dll installation process again,..after NT reinstall?

I have some old dll files,from a 3rd party which are no longer supported,so trying to find if a NT uninstall will disturb them.

Thanks
                            mmtrader

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                            Hello mmtrader,

Thanks for your post.

Please:

Comment

Hi,

No settings of any kind, indicators included, would be lost with the steps recommended.
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              169 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
                              Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes