Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone help to convert NR7 indicator into 8th Version ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Hello hamugela,

Thank you for your note.

There is not an official indicator/strategy converter which takes scripts from NT7 and converts them to NT8 however on the forum there is a post which provides script for conversion.

I’d like to mention its best to do a manual conversion for accuracy as not all scripts are simple enough to be converted directly.

Also below I’ve provided a link to code breaking changes which you should consider when converting your scripts:

Debugging customer code is out of the scope of NinjaScript support however if you’d like I could have someone from our business development team pass over a list of third party developers that you could contact about debugging your code.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello hamugela,

I see you received the same NT support as I received, which is NONE whatsoever. For NT to refer to conversion as a "debugging" issue is inexcusable and condescending. I too have posted several times seeking help with converting my useless V7 indicators. I've been directed to coding instructions also, which are meaningless to me. I was a paying NT subscriber for ten years before purchasing my "lifetime" license, I never would have believed NinjaTrader would treat it's loyal customers this way.
      Last edited by Flash; 02-13-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Hello Flash,

Thank you for your post.

We are happy to assist where we can but conversions are a service we cannot provide. If you would like we can have our affiliate NinjaTrader Ecosystem follow up with you on their available NinjaScript Consultant vendors.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I am curious as to why you would think it is up to NinjaTrader to convert your code for you?
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Because it was NinjaTrader who abruptly made our charts and custom indicators obsolete.

Comment

That seems to be an overly simplistic answer. Believe me, I would love to use existing code for my 50+ commercial indicators plus gobs of custom coded customer indicators but in order to bring NT into modern times with all the upgrades and changes requires old code to be obsolete. Any free indicators in the download section are there for your pleasure and NinjaTrader has no responsibility to convert them even though they have already done many conversions. Users will have to be patient and use NT7 until their favorite indicator is converted or take it upon themselves to convert or have someone else convert.
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
                I am curious as to why you would think it is up to NinjaTrader to convert your code for you?
                Originally posted by Flash View Post
                Because it was NinjaTrader who abruptly made our charts and custom indicators obsolete.
                eDanny, NinjaTrader_RyanM,

I tend to agree with both of you. However, NinjaTrader as a minimum should at least convert their own NT7 custom indicators based on TASC articles. They say they will, but at this rate they never will, after 4 revisions of NT8.

Case in example is the NT7 H&S indicator from April-May 2013 TASC. It is a real simple and straight forward conversion.

I have converted this indicator using the conversion script available here. It compiles fine, but causes one error when calculating a "Period" for MAX(), as it is applied to a chart, perhaps due to under-the-hood differences between NT7 and NT8 indexing methods. I have had no success going through the code breaking information to figure it out, and frankly NInjaTrader has been of little help after asking several times since NT8 became available (attached folder).

So, here it is and I am giving up on NinjaTrader. Perhaps someone will champion a fix.

I would appreciate if NinjaTrader_RyanM, the original author of the indicator would chime in, either here or by PM.

Cheers!
                Attached Files

Comment

We are not asking Ninja to do conversions or anything else other than simply provide some guidance on how we can fix the problem they created. Telling us “Go find someone to fix it” (go where?), or providing pasted lines of code, are no help.

I and others have asked for help, we have attached sample scripts to illustrate what we need converted, and yet I have not seen one reply that says ”Sure, here’s a link to someone who might fix your indicator for $$” or anything to that effect.

Would it have been that difficult to arrange such a service to be available? I see others here asking for the same help, as recently as today, yet still no help is offered this many months after the roll out.
                  Last edited by Flash; 02-13-2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hamugela View Post
                    hamugela,

Here you go. A working conversion with 5 min of effort.

Hey Flash,

Don't be intimidated by old code/new code stuff. Majority of indicators will likely convert easily using the script on this forum with an occasional glitch, mostly in rendering.

Cheers!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by aligator; 02-13-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks aligator, but it's all greek to me.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
                        eDanny, NinjaTrader_RyanM,

I tend to agree with both of you. However, NinjaTrader as a minimum should at least convert their own NT7 custom indicators based on TASC articles. They say they will, but at this rate they never will, after 4 revisions of NT8.
                        Hello aligator,

Thank you for your response.

We do in fact plan to convert each TASC article from the past. However, due to bandwidth this process is not occurring as quickly as most users and our selves would like. We will post the conversions completed and tested to the File Sharing section of the Support Forum, in fact you can find several posted at this time.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 02-15-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                          We are not asking Ninja to do conversions or anything else other than simply provide some guidance on how we can fix the problem they created. Telling us “Go find someone to fix it” (go where?), or providing pasted lines of code, are no help.

I and others have asked for help, we have attached sample scripts to illustrate what we need converted, and yet I have not seen one reply that says ”Sure, here’s a link to someone who might fix your indicator for $$” or anything to that effect.

Would it have been that difficult to arrange such a service to be available? I see others here asking for the same help, as recently as today, yet still no help is offered this many months after the roll out.
                          Hello Flash,

Thank you for your response.

NinjaTrader platform support cannot list or provide a specific NinjaScript consultant for conversion services. We can only point users to the conversion information in the Help Guide and assist with links and example code.

If you would like our affiliate NinjaTrader Ecosystem can follow up with a list of NinjaScript Consultants.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your posts requesting conversions from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8 .

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem works with a number of independent programming consultants that offer custom coding for the NinjaTrader environment. You can view NinjaTrader Ecosystem's supported NinjaScript consultants at the following link:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/Par...Consultants#81

Please reach out directly to the vendor for any pricing inquiries or additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third party vendors with NinjaTrader all pricing information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
                            Jared M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please convert my indicator to work in ver 8

This simple indicator shows where the range bar may close and a new bar will start. I would be most grateful, and pay you via Paypal, if a user would convert this to work in Ver8. Thank you.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Flash; 02-15-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes