Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APZ Alerts Helps

Hello and thanks for stopping by!
    I'm new to creating Analyzer conditions and alerts. I've run into a few snags while attempting it. I've tried on my own and failed, horribly. I made it to as far as the colors and things, but have a few questions, and would appreciate help/walkthrough/point to guide since this is my first.

If APZ closes above APZ band, would like to get a pop up and alert in alert tab. (My only problem with this is I THINK i have to create two conditions due to the PLOT (Market analyzer > Columns > Indicator > APZ > Plot) being limited to either Uppor or lower and not both... am I missing something? Will I have to create two seperate columns to get an upper cross and a seperate for a lower cross?

Next, I would like to be able to know why I can't create alerts for/from my market analyzer if the 'tool' I am using in the Market Analyzer is not on the first tab??
    ------Alerts will not allow me to select items on 2nd, 3rd et. tabs in Market analyzer...

I look forward to any responses!!
    If none of this makes sense, please let me know. I've been told many times I'm not the greatest of communicators.
    Last edited by SBMT17; 06-23-2018, 12:29 PM. Reason: This was meant for NT8 forum I'm sorry

Hello SBMT17,

I'm not quite understanding what you are trying to create.

The APZ indicator has two plots, an upper and a lower plot.

When you mention "If APZ closes above APZ band", what are you looking for?

Are you wanting to know if the APZ Upper plot is outside of the Upper and Lower band?

This would not be possible. The APZ Upper will never be higher than the APZ Upper and the APZ Lower will never be lower than the APZ Lower..

Alerts can absolutely be added separately for each tab for the columns added to that tab in the Market Analyzer. Please let me know if you would like a video demonstrating that Alerts can be added separately to any tab in a Market Analyzer.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello and thank you for the reply!
      Sorry for the poor communication.
      What I mean is when bar closes above/below APZ band I would like Market Analyzer box to turn a certain color (red if above and green if below APZ band), a sound to play, an alert in alerts window to appear and pop up box to appear.
      I also would like to not have to create multiple columns for a single bar type.
      And lastly I would like to be able to create these columns in a new tab and be able to get all alerts from tab 1 (I have other alerts here) and tab 2 (APZ tab) to report to same alerts box.

Also, just a question: is it possible to get an alert when the 5 minute lower APZ band crosses below/above the 15 minutes lower APZ band?

I look forward to your reply!
      Last edited by SBMT17; 06-24-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Hello SBMT17,

Thank you for clarifying you are looking for the close price to close higher than the APZ Upper plot or lower than the APZ Lower plot.

This would not be directly possible in the Market Analyzer as two series or objects cannot be compared. The Market Analyzer allows for a series to be compared only with a numeric value.

Because of this, you would need to create an indicator that does the comparisons and plots a numeric value that can be compared in the Market Analyzer.

Below is a link to an example that compares two SMA series. This includes a Market Analyzer template that shows how to setup the cell or filter condition.

Your script would be comparing the Close series with the APZ Upper and Lower series, and would require both conditions in the same condition set.

I also overlooked that you are posting in the NinjaTrader 7 part of the forums.
        May I confirm you are using NinjaTrader 7?
        NinjaTrader 7 does not have tabs anywhere and does not have tabs in the Market Analyzer.

When you mention "I also would like to not have to create multiple columns for a single bar type. ", I'm not quite sure I am understanding your inquiry.
        Can you clarify what this means?

You should not have to create multiple columns for a single bar type if the column is the same information or same indicator..

Yes, it is possible to get an alert when the APZ Lower plot using an input series of 5 minute close prices, crosses below/above the APZ Lower plot using an input series of 15 minute close prices.

Comment

Hello and thank you for your reply!

Ok, so if I can not compare with two series... further question: If I have a 5 minute bar, and this 5 minute bar closes above the APZ upper band, you're telling me there is not a way to receive a notification in the Market Analyzer to tell me this has happened on an Instrument? As far as an Indicator being created... APZ is the indicator. Average Price Zone. Its standard in NT8.

As far as comparing APZ upper/lower bands from different time frames need a script I could understand this, it was just a hopeful shot in the dark that it might work with current default settings in NT8. ... which hopefully one day it will be.

I do also use NT7, but if I posted anything about this there then it was a mistake.

When I mentioned having to create multiple columns to get alerts for if the 5 Minute bar closes above or below the APZ... I'm speaking of the APZ alerts I would like to get/create in the Market Analyzer. I would like the following conditions to be met in 1 column in the market analyzer per instrument. (G=Green, R=Red) If an instrument is not giving a signal, it should be flat "-". If it is saying on the upper band, the box should be red with a letter R, and if the APZ bottom band has been pierced it should be a green box with a G in the middle. So rather than having multiple 5m, 15m, 30m or 240m columns, I would like the alert to toggle per say.
          -----------------------------------------------
          INstrument | 5m | 15m | 30m | 240 |
          -----------------------------------------------
          NQ | G | - | - | - |
          ES | - | R | - | - |
          CL | - | - | G | - |
          GC | - | - | - | R |

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Yes, it is possible to get an alert when the APZ Lower plot using an input series of 5 minute close prices, crosses below/above the APZ Lower plot using an input series of 15 minute close prices.
          How do I do this?
          Is it possible to create this in a way where the 5 minute bar closes below/above the 15 minute APZ band?

Comment

Please move this to NT8 area... as to where that's where it needs to be.

Comment

Hello SBMT17,

There absolutely is a way to detect if the close price is above the APZ Upper by coding the condition in an indicator and adding this as an indicator column to the market analyzer.

There is not a way to do this without creating an indicator. Alerts, cell, and filter conditions cannot compare series with other series.

Please let me know if you would like more information about accomplishing this by creating an indicator.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 06-25-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,
                (Sidenote, I love your work, have seen a lot of it lately).
                Life got a bit hectic.
                I absolutely would love some help in the Market Analyzer/Alerts world. I feel this is by far one of the BEST tools NT has to offer!!
                I feel you know exactly what I'm looking for!

Comment

Hello SBMT17,

Thanks for your reply.

In another forum post I showed how to modify the bollinger indicator to add a transparent plot that can be accessed in the Market Analyzer and added conditions in the modified indicator to show when price closed above the upper or lower bands and provide an appropriate signal to the market analyzer through the transparent plot. Please see this thread: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...762#post453762
                  In the thread you will find a short video that review the changes I made and how to tie the indicator and marketanalyzer cells together. The modifications to the APZ would be similar.
                  Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It tells me to install flash player, I do not have flash player, is this anywhere else? Maybe on the NT YouTube channel?

Comment

Hello SBMT17,

Thanks for your reply.

No, it is not on the youtube channel.

You might try using another PC or another browser.

Comment

Hello NT_Paul,
                        Thank you for your reply I've now watched the video. Thank you very much for that.
                        Furthermore if possible...: would it, is it, possible to get a notification/alert when one APZ band (higher over/under higher, and lower over/under lower) crosses another?

IE: I have a 3 minute chart loaded as a data series as well as a 30 minute chart data series in a single window. When the 3 minute APZ band falls, or rises, into the 30 minute chart APZ would it be possible to get a notification/alert of this?
                        Would it be possible to get an alert when I crosses back again? (So,1 Market Analyzer alert & Alerts Log alert, if touch/going over, and another of touch/coming back over)

I've attached a picture of what I mean.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello SBMT17,

Thanks for your reply.

I would suggest just using the chart alerts for that, no coding is needed and a lot easier.

I've attached an example of the condition of the 3 minute lower crossing below the 30 minute lower.

Here is a link to the helpguide on chart alerts which also contains a few example: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...us/?alerts.htm
                          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DJ888
                          by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM