a hosted indicator tried to load additional data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a hosted indicator tried to load additional data

I have a strategy running fine under NT v7.

Now with NT v8, it throws out error "a hosted indicator tried to load additional data, all data must loaded by the hosting script during its configure state". My strategy is already running with 1min NQ data.

I searched the forum and the solution to this problem is to explicitly load the 1min data in script config state. Which I did, and it eased the error.

However, it means that I now have two data series with the same 1min frequecy, one is defined with the strategy from the chart. And another one loaded by script code.

Hence if I print bars in OnBarUpdate(), it appears that the event was triggered twice. The side effect is unknown.

So I am not sure about the solution. is it required to load the data in strategy config state for NT v8? what happens if the strategy is running from the chart?

Hello rcfcu2000,

Thank you for your post.

You should not have to load form the config for the data. Please attach your strategy to your response so we may investigate further.

Comment

You will not expect me to share the strategy in the forum.

I will try to reproduce the problem with sample strategy.

Comment

I too get this in my strategies. I use a base class to manage the stop losses, profit targets and exits. I use a 1-min in the base class to exit at a particular time, mostly because for the time frames I'm using the bar won't close until considerably past time I really want to exit.

So I made a copy of your MA example strategy and a base class that only adds a 1-min. time frame. I don't do anything with it, I just load it. The attached strategy illustrates the error. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen most every time. If you don't get the error, just run it again and it will happen. The screen shots prove it happens.

PS - This is in the B6 release.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello traderpards,

Thanks for your post.

Following your process I was able to replicate the issue. I will advise development and update this thread when I have further information.

Thanks for your participation in the beta program.
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What is the status of this issue - I had the same error message yesterday - in my case it was indicator calling other indicators. Today the error is gone, I cannot replicate it at the moment. It happened when I added one more indicator of the same type in OnStateChange but with different parameters. I also use MRO in the indicator if that may have any impact.

Comment

Hello all,

I wanted to provide further insight into calling Instrument or Bars data from the Configure state and a hosted indicator. Please refer to the following link for a post I created and please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
              Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly