Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NYSE-Nasdaq Breadth Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYSE-Nasdaq Breadth Indicator

Hello,

I have created the attached indicator which when loaded on either of the following instrument charts (^UVOL, ^DVOL, ^NUPV, ^NDNV) should automatically calculate and display the following NYSE & Nasdaq Market Breadth ratios -> NYSE-> (UVOL / DVOL) & Nasdaq -> (NUPV / NDNV).

For testing purposes at the moment the code only covers the scenario if the indicator is loaded on the ^UVOL chart.

So the indicator is supposed to be a multi-series indicator which attempts to Add the (^DVOL, ^NUPV and ^NDNV) series to perform the ratio calculations.

However, I don't believe that additions are happening or somehow the ratios are not calculating properly.

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help to get this Indy to work as desired. I'm sure it will be useful to many as I don't mind having it posted for other users to take advantage of.

Issue Resolved - Problem with variable type.

Thank you!
    Last edited by MercuryScripter; 12-30-2015, 01:42 PM.

hello, it appears the indicator is not attached to this message. can you post it again please?

Comment

Originally posted by balltrader View Post
      hello, it appears the indicator is not attached to this message. can you post it again please?
      Hello there, please find attached
      Attached Files

Comment

thank you. may i ask why you compare NYSE to NQ? do you feel the move is stronger if both are moving in the same direction, same intensity? i'm only trading ES_F so I'm wondering about the concept.

for example, Wed ES had a late day rally, but NQ barely went positive by the end of day. Today, Thursday, we saw continued weakness in the markets. since both index's breadth were not at the same intensity, this may support the hypothesis....

thanks

Comment

thank you. may i ask why you compare NYSE to NQ? do you feel the move is stronger if both are moving in the same direction, same intensity? i'm only trading ES_F so I'm wondering about the concept.

for example, Wed ES had a late day rally, but NQ barely went positive by the end of day. Today, Thursday, we saw continued weakness in the markets. since both index's breadth were not at the same intensity, this may support the hypothesis....

thanks
          Hi there, I developed this indicator after watching this webinar from shadow trader on how to use market internals. Hope it helps! :-)

Interested in Daily Premarket Updates?Sign up for my Premarket Perspective where I share my daily market insights at 9:00 am every morning. Sign up NOW: http...

Comment

lol, i had that video in my "to watch later" list on youtube, just never got around to it.
            it covered most of the basics that i understood about internals, with a few extra tips from Peter.

thanks for your help!

Comment

lol, i had that video in my "to watch later" list on youtube, just never got around to it.
              it covered most of the basics that i understood about internals, with a few extra tips from Peter.

thanks for your help!
              Great minds think alike my friend. Glad to help. We traders gotta help each other out whenever we can - really tough business! Cheers!

Comment

is there any way you can update this for ninjatrader 8 ?

Comment

Looking for this indicator for NT8

Comment

Hello JTizz,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not seeing this indicator available on our User App Share. If you are interested in resources to help you convert this indicator to NInjaTrader 8, I would be happy to provide you with some guidance. As always, we are more than happy to help out with tips and advice in this area, although we do not offer full script conversion services.

You may also want to try private messaging the original poster if they don't reply to the thread - you can do so by clicking the little speech bubble next to their name.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes