Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP. Charts not updating

Hi everyone,

I have a demo account, with CQG data. I connect without problems, but the chart not update in real time. You need to change the TF, and then you have the chart update, but its follows without real data, not updating again.

Sorry for my english.

Regards Pablo

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for your post.

To troubleshoot this issue please reset your instruments by following the steps below:

Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed.
    Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK.
    Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection.
    If you continue to receive an error please confirm, are you currently connected to NinjaTrader Continuum? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

For the TF instrument, what expiry have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

For the TF instrument, what expiry have you selected? 5 min, but it occurs in any others TF

(For a chart) what interval is selected? 24/7

Sometime appears big candles

I do not receive errors on screen

I see this on log screen
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for your reply.

I am unable to open the file attachments from your previous post.

So that I may be of further assistance please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: #1562232

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi,

I sent you two email with log and trace files.

Thank you

Regards

Comment

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for sending your files.

Upon reviewing your files I found the error message "ERROR: CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: F.US.EP.H16 could not be resolved." This error indicates that you are attempting to use the ES instrument on an expired contract.

Note that the TF and ES are currently on the 09-16 contract. Please follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contract.
            From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
            Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
            Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
            Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
            Select 'OK'
            Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).
            I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.

To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.

The NinjaTrader risk team evaluates market conditions in real-time and reserves the right to adjust intraday margins in accordance with market volatility.

The following link demonstrates how to add an instrument to your instrument list.
            Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to add an instrument to an instrument list with NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader...

Please let us know if we ma be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for sending your files.

Upon reviewing your files I found the error message "ERROR: CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolve: F.US.EP.H16 could not be resolved." This error indicates that you are attempting to use the ES instrument on an expired contract.

Note that the TF and ES are currently on the 09-16 contract. Please follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contract.
              From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
              Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
              Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
              Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
              Select 'OK'
              Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).
              I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.

To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.

The NinjaTrader risk team evaluates market conditions in real-time and reserves the right to adjust intraday margins in accordance with market volatility.

The following link demonstrates how to add an instrument to your instrument list.
              Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to add an instrument to an instrument list with NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader...

Please let us know if we ma be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi,

thank you very much, It´s work, finally.

Regards
                Pablo

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aa731
                by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM