Cannot Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Connect

NT7 would not come up after the most recent Windows 10 update. So I reinstalled NT7 and reentered the connection data, but the new connection would just hang. So I copied over the saved config file, same result.

The connection I had been using has been in effect for almost 10 years. The connection was thru Vision Financial Markets. Actually, they (VFM) no longer exist and have been taken over by Archer Danials Midland. But the transition was smooth and the Vision Financial Markets choice as a provider has continued to work. Or at least until now.

Attached are the files:

1. ConnectionHang.png -- showing the log from the hang
    2. ConnectionOptionsGeneral -- the general connection options when the connection was created.
    3. ConnectionOptions Vision Financial Markets -- the provider connection options when the connection was created.

The underlying data provider is Rithmic, so I tried connecting directly to Rithmic and no luck with that either.

So, something has changed with my reinstallation, but I have no clue as to what, as the connection is identical to what I had before and my username/pw has not changed in 10 years.

The last entry in the ConnectionHang log is trying to connect to NinjaTrader servers, which is somewhat of a mystery to me, as I would think the connection would to ADM or Rithmic price/trading feeds.

Any advice into what I have done wrong would be greatly appreciated, as I am dead in the water.

tx!

Doctore
    Attached Files
    Last edited by doctore; 04-15-2018, 11:38 PM.

All ok...rebooted my system, not because Windows asked me but rather because I was going to remove NT7 and try again; then, windows 10 started 'migrating data' from various applications. After 5M it stopped, and now all is ok.

Comment

Hello doctore,

Glad to hear the issue is now resolved, sorry to hear of any inconvenience. Testing on our end, the updated versions allowed the connection without issues, though it sounds like a temporary issue with the Windows update may have contributed to the issue. I will note this behavior on my end and report here if any additional cases or information becomes available.

Let us know if we may assist further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post quantismo  
      Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
      4 responses