Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unexpected results using Better Renko Bars (NT8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected results using Better Renko Bars (NT8)

Hello.

I started using the Better Renko Bars and I got unexpected results. I am comparing Better Renko with a regular Renko. When I use Brick Size 1 or 2, the Close values of the bricks are the same in both Charts, as expected. However, for brick size of 3 or higher, the Close values are different. Could you help me understand why this may be happening?

This bar type can be downloaded below:
    Better Renko Bars (NT8) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...tid=-1&lpage=1

Cordially,
    Claudio

The definition of the built in Renko bars can be found here:

We did not create the 'BetterRenko' custom bar type, so we would have no direct information on why it works the way it does. Please reach out to the original developer for more information.

Comment

Renko Ninja 7

Hello, I have configured the renko candle:
      Open Offset: 6
      Tick Trend: 1
      Tick Reversal: 12

When I get a repetition of the market and I start the repetition of the market I get a renko candle, big but very big !! from my point of view it seems an error.

It is possible to carry out repetitions of the market in renko candles as I indicate it above.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexxxiz View Post
        Hello, I have configured the renko candle:
        Open Offset: 6
        Tick Trend: 1
        Tick Reversal: 12

When I get a repetition of the market and I start the repetition of the market I get a renko candle, big but very big !! from my point of view it seems an error.

It is possible to carry out repetitions of the market in renko candles as I indicate it above.
        Welcome to the forum!

Your parameters above are not standard Renko bar parameters.

Instead, they look like parameters for UniRenko bars. This is a completely different bartype, similar to standard Renko, but still separate and quite different. Btw, neither the BetterRenko or UniRenko bartypes were authored by NinjaTrader, so NinjaTrader does not provide official support for these bartypes.

Why do you think the UniRenko bars are being drawn incorrectly?

Unfortunately, I have no idea what you mean by "repetitions of the market".

[I would surmise there is no error and the UniRenko bars are absolutely being drawn correctly. It may be that you need to experiment with the UniRenko settings to find the candlestick behavior you're looking for?]

Comment

unirenko

Hello, Thank you very much for answering:

If you're really right, I have the unirenko bars. In this case, I understand that Ninja Trader can not support the UNIRENKO bars.

Now "repetitions of the market". refers to when we do "MARKET REPLAY" from previous days.

When I connect to the "Market Replay" the unirenko bars are normal samples without any problem. The problem occurs when I give "CLICK" to "PLAY" (to start the repeteciòn of the market of previous days) and when it starts the FIRST TWO SECONDS of the "MARKET REPLAY" the unirenkos bars are unconfigured.

If I had an email to send the photo of my screen would be very helpful for me.

Greeting!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
          1 response
          0 likes