Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Visual Studio Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual Studio Development

Hello All,

I got into NinjaScript development a while ago, I also have some basic knowledge of C# understanding, however, the documentation regarding this is very tiny,...
    I went through many threads and found some:

but this isn't far enough for knowing how to get on with development in VS...
    Does anyone have a longer tutorial on this topic?
    Many thanks for your time and effort!
    Robert

Hello rob3rt,

Thank you for the post.

In this situation, the reason for the documentation being thin on this side of things is that Visual Studio is generally outside the scope of what our support provides assistance with. Because Visual Studio is a separate program offered by Microsoft, the documentation for it would be also hosted by Microsoft. Visual Studio is also not specific to NinjaTrader, it just shares the C# editing/compiling capability so it can be used to Attach to NinjaTrader for debugging purposes or developing C# code that can be used with NinjaTrader.

As for documentation or education materials on Visual Studio, this is a topic best left up to MSDN and the general web. There are many web tutorials covering many topics surrounding Visual Studio and training programs which can be found using a web search. It really depends on your overall goals, for editing NinjaTrader code I would likely suggest searching for tutorials surrounding the topics: "C# in visual studio", "Debugging a C# application in visual studio" or even "Attaching to a process with Visualstudio". These would be common topics you may use when developing for NinjaTrader. We also have the following page which I dont see that you had linked, here it is just in case: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...isual%2Bstudio

In contrast to NinjaTrader, we do provide the general documentation on how to open Visual Studio from the platform (NT8), but beyond that it is really up to the developer using visual studio to understand that tool and its uses. We also provide the Addon visual studio project sample as a template in the help guide, but that really doesn't say much as it is a "learn by example" type of sample. This leaves it up to the developer using visual studio to know how to use it prior to trying out that sample.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes