Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Printing results on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing results on screen

Hi, I have used the Strategy Wizard to develop a strategy. However, when I go to the chart I want the Strategy icon is grayed out. The market is not open right now. Is that why the button is grayed out? How can I fix this?

Thanks for the help.

Hello pjwinner,

This would be one of 3 things. Either Chart Trader is open, no data feed is connected, or you are using a Direct Edition license which does not allow for automated trading.

Are you connected to a data feed?

Is Chart Trader enabled on the chart?

(Do not post your license key or any other personal information on the forums)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello pjwinner,

This would be one of 3 things. Either Chart Trader is open, no data feed is connected, or you are using a Direct Edition license which does not allow for automated trading.

Are you connected to a data feed?

Is Chart Trader enabled on the chart?

(Do not post your license key or any other personal information on the forums)
      How do you connect to a data feed

Comment

Hello ethan278,

You would need a username and password with a supported broker or data feed, and then enter these into an account connection and then connect to the account connection.

Below is a public link to the connection guides for NinjaTrader.

If you do not have a funded brokerage account or a paid subscription to a data feed, the NinjaTrader Brokerage does offer a free 14-day demo that provides real-time and historical future data from the live market using the NinjaTrader Continuum connection and 30-day demo that provides real-time and historical forex data from the live market using the NinjaTrader FXCM connection.

When downloading NinjaTrader if you have clicked yes to live future data and filled out the form with your email address, a username and password will be auto-generated (by an automated system) and emailed to you from the email address [email protected].

All links below are publicly available.

Below I am including a link to the connection guide with steps to enter this username and password into NinjaTrader. (Be sure to check the Demo box)
        http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

(updated)
        You may apply for one 14-day demo in a 365 day period. On the 2nd request within 365 days, an email will be generated that lets you know you have exceeded the demo allowance.
        If you have not signed up for the demo, or would like to apply for a second, you may do so from the link below.
        NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

For a FXCM demo providing forex data, follow the same link to the demo signup page.
        Select Forex as the Asset class.
        NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Below I am providing a link to the connection guide for NinjaTrader FXCM.
        http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

Last, I am providing a link to the training videos for NinjaTrader 8 for you to watch at your convenience.
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZmVnauWXkWe0Nf
        As well as a link to the Help Guide.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-17-2019, 08:11 AM.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes