Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Daily Chart Not Updating / Frozen

Hello,
    Since a couple of days i've been having this weird issue with my daily equities charts, the problem is that the daily data is frozen a couple days back, at the moment on the 04/17/18 and not closing the bar but the intraday has correct data.
    I've tried to reload historical data and resetting the DB but still the same error, I have a TD Ameritrade connection feed and everything was working great until this week.
    I hope you can help me with this

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Does the issue occur on all instruments? Or only particular instruments? If the latter, which instruments specifically?

Does the historical daily data exist on your PC? To check:
    • Control Center > Tools > Historical Data
    • Edit tab > Expand 'Historical' > Expand the instrument that is experiencing the issue > Expand 'Last' > Expand 'Day' > Click on '2018'
    • On the right your locally stored daily data is listed by date.
    • Do you see the missing dates from your charts in this list? Or are the dates missing on your chart also missing from this list?

Comment

Hello,

Ninja Version: 8.0.13.0 64-bit

This happen on all equities.

The historical daily and minute data is correct and there are no missing dates. If I try to reload historical data, the chart doesn't add the missing data.

The intraday charts are showing the same problem but to a minute scale, like missing the last couple of minutes.

Seems to be somewhat related with operative hours, during normal market hours the chart shows correct data but if I close NT8 and start again at the next day, after connecting to the data feed during premarket, the daily charts show a regresion to a previous date and an incomplete bar.

Comment

It is important that I know if the data is missing physically, or if it is present and is just a charting display issue. Please answer this question from my previous message:
        Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
        Does the historical daily data exist on your PC? To check:
        • Control Center > Tools > Historical Data
        • Edit tab > Expand 'Historical' > Expand the instrument that is experiencing the issue > Expand 'Last' > Expand 'Day' > Click on '2018'.
        • On the right your locally stored daily data is listed by date.
        • Do you see the missing dates from your charts in this list? Or are the dates missing on your chart also missing from this list?
        • Go back to step two and check the 'Minute' and 'Tick' folders for the data which you do not see on your charts. For example, if you're missing 04/19/18 at 03:23PM, can you locate this bit of historical data in the 'Minute' folder? Or is it missing from there as well?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Is 'Get data from server' enabled within Tools > Options > Market Data?

Does the issue occur if you switch your chart's Trading Hours template? To do so, follow these steps:
        • Right-click on a chat which is displaying the symptom > Data Series
        • Locate 'Trading Hours'
        • From the drop down list, switch to 'Default 24/7' > OK

If the issue is still not resolved, please send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may assist you further. In this email, please include a link to this forum thread and "1889097 ATTN Patrick G"
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 04-20-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gpedro178 View Post
          The historical daily and minute data is correct and there are no missing dates. If I try to reload historical data, the chart doesn't add the missing data.
          There seems not to be any missing data in the "Historical Data" menu nor daily nor minute, I checked following your instructions.

Regarding the other questions:
          • I don't receive any kind of error and the log tab shows everything OK
          • "Get data from server" is ENABLED

Does the issue occur if you switch your chart's Trading Hours template? To do so, follow these steps:
          • Locate 'Trading Hours'
          At the moment the Trading Hours template is "Use Instrument Settings", I have to wait until monday to test this one because i need to start the program in the premarket hours but i'll write again as soon as i tested this.

Comment

• Locate 'Trading Hours'
            Tried this, no change.
            I rechecked the historical data one by one and still showing all data correctly without gaps.
            Today the chart was missing the 18th and 19th bar and the 20th bar was incomplete, after reloading all the historical data, the only bar missing is the 19th one and the 20th is still not complete.
            I'm sending the email at the designated address.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post z.franck  
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rtwave