Collapse

Ninjatrader does not load Tick Series properly when Load data based on" BARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader does not load Tick Series properly when Load data based on" BARS

Hello Support

I have a Volume Profile indicator that is not displaying correctly when "Load data based on" option is set to "Bars".

The vendor has advised me of the following:

"Volume Profile NT8 utilizes native NinjaTrader functions to obtain historical tick data, so this issue is completely up to the NinjaTrader and how NT loads tick data when the "Load data based on" option is set to "Bars".

This is a known problem that NT does not load Tick Series properly in this mode, unfortunately. Maybe this will be fixed in future updates of NinjaTrader."

Is this a simple fix?

Appreciate your help

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

What is the specific name of the custom indicator? What is the name of the developer/name of the company?

I could not reproduce any issues when using the built-in Volume Profile indicator on a tick-based or minute-based charts with 'bars to load = 2880' and 'Tick replay ' enabled'. Can you recreate the same issue with the built-in Volume Profile indicator?

Do everything exactly the same as far as chart configuration except instead of using the custom Volume Profile use the built-in one.

Also, please let me know your exact chart configuration by providing a screenshot of your Data Series window (may take multiple screenshots to capture all settings) so I may attempt to more accurately reproduce what you're describing.

Comment

Hi Patrick

I just had a remote session with NinjaTrader_RyanS regarding thread https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=108822

The issue with my Volume Profile indicator seems to be related. He will liaise with you

Thanks very much

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DynamicTest  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes